Kitten - 0 background

Garfield1993

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have taken in a young calico kitten from a less than ideal situation. She's fine, vet checked, eating well, brilliant with the litter box, social, confident and friendly etc. The only thing is we have no idea what she'll look like as an adult and we have no idea of her parentage. She is about 6-7 weeks old in the first pictures and around 7-8 weeks in the later pictures and now. (The vet could only estimate) she hasn't really developed too much of a personality yet besides being very cuddly. Would obviously love any hints about lineage but wondering mainly if she's going to be dsh or dmh? Her tail is thick and quite fluffy for her age and she has tiny ear tufts anf furnishings but absolutely nothing like Wilfs. But that could be because of age? She does seem fluffier than when she arrived but that could be having a good diet. :') I really don't know.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you will have to wait and see about her coat length. In these pictures she looks more like a shorthaired cat with a thick coat, but it's possible her coat could lengthen. Some shorthaired cats have ear tufts, it's not a sign of long hair or any particular breed ancestry.

Genetically, cats are either shorthaired or longhaired, but within each category, they can have more or less fur. "Medium hair" is an informal term that some people use for a longhaired cat that is less fluffy than other longhairs.

Most cats are not any particular breed. I'm not seeing a strong resemblance to any breed in either of your kittens. They are both adorable, though :redheartpump:

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a short hair to me. She doesn't have ear tufts, or fluffier toe beans. You can see the grey one has long ear fur, so he will be a longhair. She is a calico domestic short hair :)