Kirkland Wet Pate Cat Food?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I was looking at Kirkland Pate (Costco) brand cat food while searching for grain free more than decent cat food for my cats (hate that costs are rising!). I got the pate, though looking online I saw they had chunks and I should've looked more to get chunks. next time if it's good.

Looks pretty good, but i am not an expert when it comes to reading labels and determining whats good for my cats- especially one with a sensitive stomach. What do you all think?

INGREDIENTS:
Chicken, Poultry Broth, Chicken Liver, Chicken Hearts, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Powdered Cellulose, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Salt, Taurine, Potassium Chloride, Canola Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium lodate, Biotin.

(BTW, I tried a search to see if this was discussed, nothing came up for it, search doesn't seem accurate)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I personally like that the first five ingredients are as good as they are. Some people don't like carrageenan but the bottom line with an otherwise decent food like this is what your cats think, plus you could always feed more than one brand in rotation where the second /third brands don't have the problem ingredients :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I usually look at the first few ingredients as well and they looked good to me too. Other ingredients confuses me