Kirkland Brand Vs Blue Wilderness?

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The biggest difference is that Kirkland brand isn't grain free, but the grains it does use are brown and white rice. Kirkland is much more affordable. I prefer their nature's domain brand for dogs, but the cat one is fish based and I don't want to feed them a fish based diet based on the risk for hyperthyroidism. I was just wondering, how do the two compare otherwise? I looked at the guaranteed analysis and it's pretty similar. I'm thinking of switching. It would help me save money as a college student, but I also care about the health of all my kitties immensely.What do you guys think?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I always like to recommend grain-free, because cats are obligate carnivores, meaning they can get all their nutrients from meat. So grains are just empty calories for them. Have you looked into Sheba as a cheaper grain-free option?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always like to recommend grain-free, because cats are obligate carnivores, meaning they can get all their nutrients from meat. So grains are just empty calories for them. Have you looked into Sheba as a cheaper grain-free option?
I meant for their dry food. They just get dry food after they finish their wet food to top off in case they didn't feel full from the wet food. Sheba only makes wet food, which my cats do enjoy! I only get it on occasion though because I haven't been able to find the cans recently, only the plastic "perfect portions."