Kiki drinks water from glasses and mugs

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kiki drinks water from glasses and mugs and does not drink from his dish! What should i do, I don't want to drink something that my cat licked or drank from. Help

Kiki's Mommy

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's good that she's drinking, even if her choice of a "vessel" isn't quite to your choosing. It's something a lot of cats do. The easiest way to deal with it is to let her have her own glass/cup and get some with lids for yourself. They're pretty easy to find.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's good that she's drinking, even if her choice of a "vessel" isn't quite to your choosing. It's something a lot of cats do. The easiest way to deal with it is to let her have her own glass/cup and get some with lids for yourself. They're pretty easy to find.
Thanks jcat, i will look for cups with a lid and i will give one glass to Kiki!

ermentrude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can attest that having a dedicated cat glass works very well.  I have a very large glass on my nightstand that the cats use.  My glass, with ice, sits maybe 6 inches away, they walk past my glass and drink out of their own.  Even the new kitten picked it up pretty fast.  I've put my remote or my cell phone over my glass in the living room instead of buying covers.