Kids And Cats

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Piper is still new here, but when she showed up at our house it was my 6 year old son who found her. He has autism and unexpectedly finding her in the garage peaked his anxiety. She has been with us for 3.5 weeks or so and after a rough start, he has gradually gotten used to her. Now, he's excited to go see her and feed her every morning. We still have some work to do, but he will get there and I think they will be good friends. Yesterday, he told me she was a "surprise cat" because he found her outside, but now she stays inside. :loveeyes:

He wanted to hang out with her while she was sleeping yesterday morning and was reading his book to her. :hearthrob:

She seems to know that he needs time and space and she doesn't demand anything from him (like she does me). I was always a dog person and would still love to eventually have a dog, but I am really happy that this little cat wandered into our lives. :)

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw, what a wonderful friendship in the making, PipersMom PipersMom ! Thanks for sharing this story with us. What a great mother you are for encouraging your son to build a relationship with Piper. I truly believe that having a pet is one of the best learning experiences a child can have.

I have been enjoying your pics of Piper in your other threads. She's beautiful, and radiates her tortitude proudly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw, what a wonderful friendship in the making, PipersMom PipersMom ! Thanks for sharing this story with us. What a great mother you are for encouraging your son to build a relationship with Piper. I truly believe that having a pet is one of the best learning experiences a child can have.

I have been enjoying your pics of Piper in your other threads. She's beautiful, and radiates her tortitude proudly.
Thank you! She has been really good for both of my kids. My 4 year old daughter still needs to learn some etiquette, but she will get there too... eventually. :lol:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, such a heartwarming story! I'm glad that your son has found a little furry friend in your new cat - I'm sure she'll be a wonderful addition to your family :heartshape:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I can already tell that those two will be great friends! :catlove: