Kidney support gold supplement?

muffinz55

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone used this or is it a gimmick?

Reviews show hundreds of positive reviews and relatively few poor reviews.

My biggest fear is that it could worsen my cat's health if it's a gimmick type thing.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi muffinz55 !

Presumably you have a kitty with some degree of kidney function loss (if not, I'd urge you to NOT use this product without first discussing it with your Vet ! )

People who are 'old hands' at managing the health of their kidney kitties know that there is one website that can be relied upon for accurate and factual information on feline kidney disease...and that is this one: Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease.

On the general topic of holistic treatments, there is a whole section which deals with these and offers honest assessments of the good, the bad and the ugly.......in there is "Kidney Support Gold" and here's that link: Tanya's Comprehensive Guide....Kidney Support Gold    Scroll up/down for the others...and, notice that just below that one is a section containing products that are better left at the store!

You know, you might consider joining the specialized online community of caregivers that's sponsored by the woman who authored that website...specialized questions are most often better answered there (as opposed to general forums like TCS). That group has been running for years and years - thousands of people (and cats) have participated - if anyone is to be considered expert in this field, they are sure to be there. (they're available 24/7/365 too)  You'll find them here: Tanya's Feline CKD Support Group     For more detailed info, go  HERE

(FWIW, my own view of online "reviews" is that they are NOT to be believed, much less trusted.....I believe that, as people gain more life experience it's likely they will understand this better....hopefully, they will not have been "burned" too badly in that learning process!)

Hope that helps !