Keira will be in her first show!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are leaving today to drive up to the hotel. Wish us luck! If I can find a computer - I'll try to keep you guys updated!! I go in with no expectations, but it will be fun to compete and see if she can win anything at all.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

We are leaving today to drive up to the hotel. Wish us luck! If I can find a computer - I'll try to keep you guys updated!! I go in with no expectations, but it will be fun to compete and see if she can win anything at all.
Plenty of luck from me. Will look forward to hearing how it's going

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would love to learn more about the markings. Your kitten is gorgeous. What is it about the bars? Anyway, hope you're having fun and look forward to hearing the news and maybe seeing pix!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Allmycats

I would love to learn more about the markings. Your kitten is gorgeous. What is it about the bars?
Rib bars are basically vertically aligned spots that are blended together. Basically what is mostly see in mackerel tabbys.

In bengals this trait is not desirable but appears often. Usually as one or more bars directly behind the front leg. Either on both sides or just one side.

A true rib bar extends from the spine down to the start of the belly. Sometimes there will be a stripe or bar behind the front leg that is just a couple of spots running together, but does not get near the spine. I don't consider those rib bars.

For bengals the rosettes and or spots should have a horizontal flow to the pattern. Good acreage between the rosettes is also desirable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keira did well at her first show! I still have to work on handling her though. She was upset throughout the day, etc.

She got Best of Color and Division in 7 out of 8 rings. She got Best of Breed in 3 rings, Second best of Breed in 4 rings, and was called up for 2 finals! She was 6th and 8th best kitten!

So all in all she did well!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
woohoo! That's great! Congratulations!

I told you, you have a pretty girl there.

How much competition did she have? What color was the kitten that beat her for breed in the other rings?

Two finals for a first show is pretty good.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to you both. Keep on getting her more used to handling and "show style" in stretching, etc. at home. Next time will be better.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!
How many bengal babies were there?

I'm willing to bet that your kitten is very much loved and spoilt by you??
I bet that's why she was a bit grumpy. I've found that kittens that I love to dealth, spoil silly and cannot stop kissing act up in the judges ring but kittens that I love but don't squeeze, cuddle and kiss (how can I not
) are much better behaved at the shows.

I always laugh because my nana has a lot more cats then me and they don't get as much individual attention as mine but at the show they are such show ponies and have incredible natures. It's just a theory I've been thinking about and want to do some more research.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm glad Keira had a good first show!