Keeping Us Up At Night

louistheiii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All!

My boyfriend and I are having a problem. Our beloveds are meowing and waking us up at night. 2 males - one 6 months and the other a year and some months - the other female and a year and a half....all fixed

We just moved to a new city and had them flown on an airplane, ( I understand they need time to adjust but they did this in the other city as well) - they seemed to have adjusted just fine but in the night/early morning we get meowing and an uncomfortable cry - especially from our girl cat. I have gotten up to feed them which they, of course, eat happily..but then she meows again. I also think giving into this behavior is not good but sometimes I just want them to stop. But in many cases she/they do not give up even after being fed.

They are so cute and we never discipline...you can see them here  - in our new apartment, so they seem to be fine!

We love them to bits and give them all our attention, I am home with them during the day and they pretty much rule the roost - but, honestly, they are driving me crazy. My boyfriend has a very demanding job and needs to be sleeping, I feel terrible.

Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it!

Here is another video of the "terrible" -ly cute guys...

Last edited by a moderator:

danancinder

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am by no means a expert, but had a similar problem with one of the two we recently adopted.  We now play with them until they are panting and won't move for the toys anymore, usually only takes 15-20 minutes, feed them and go to bed.  Most nights they will sleep through the night now.

denise mackie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ugh!!! they are both just gorgeous, and soooooo cute!!!! The grey is the girl I take it, what a floosie!!! lololol Wonderful videos, thank you for posting!

brightsunray812

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we had this same problem when we first adopted zala- we found that if we put her in the basement with plenty of blankets, her bed, her food water and litter, you can't hear her meowing (because she is an attention- loving cat