Keeping Kitten In Crate After Spay: How Often To Let Out To Use Litter Box?

iNREEk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Omg this went from bad to worse. And more bad. Why can't u keep them? I came looking for info on my kittens as well. I got two of my kittens spayed. Also named Zelda(how ironic) lol and the other one is Mars. I guess my kittens are ok. It's been about 9 days and the cuts look ok. Not red, a bit swollen .but ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg this went from bad to worse. And more bad. Why can't u keep them? I came looking for info on my kittens as well. I got two of my kittens spayed. Also named Zelda(how ironic) lol and the other one is Mars. I guess my kittens are ok. It's been about 9 days and the cuts look ok. Not red, a bit swollen .but ok.
What? When did I ever say I couldn't keep them?? I still have all of them a year later. Sure things got worse, but they got better. They never went worse again. Everything's been dandy since Zelda finished up her antibiotics post spay last year. Other than Morty getting gastritis back in May of this year. Which we got treated and he's been back to normal since finishing that medication too. Everyone is still with us and super happy. We even have more kittens in the purride now. 20180702_132411.jpg
This is a kind of old group photo of the current crew. New additions are Quicksilver the lynx point and Wakanda the black bob tailed kitten.

Though speaking of old, this threat is quite old as well.

iNREEk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww .so cute. I thought I read u weren't keeping them after all .sorry must have read it wrong. I'm glad everything went ok. How long do u think I should keep my babies in crates? Mars and Zelda :) they are 5 month. I let them out to eat and pet them. So they lay with me. I can't let them out cause their dad is here and he's always being rapie :( .well I'm taking the father tomorrow to get fixed. Wish me luck :)

Attachments

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Current photos of them 20180730_071948.jpg
Rick
20180920_072337.jpg
Morty
20180816_181202_1537585770087.jpeg 20180816_181158_1537585770260.jpeg
Zelda stretching
20180921_165953.jpg
Quicksilver (and Rick lookin shook)
20180909_081136.jpg
And Wakanda <3

iNREEk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww omg. They are so cute :) I'll post some more of mine tomorrow I have to go somehwrso right now. :)

KalicoKitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww .so cute. I thought I read u weren't keeping them after all .sorry must have read it wrong. I'm glad everything went ok. How long do u think I should keep my babies in crates? Mars and Zelda :) they are 5 month. I let them out to eat and pet them. So they lay with me. I can't let them out cause their dad is here and he's always being rapie :( .well I'm taking the father tomorrow to get fixed. Wish me luck :)
Neuters are the easiest! I've fostered tons of kittens that I got neutered. They bounce back right (like the next day) away and usually dont need a cone. As for the girls, for safety sake I do 2 weeks. That might be excessive though? 10 days at least. Yeah, I feel bad, but better safe than sorry. Especially since my first ever cat spay, Zelda, got an infection.

iNREEk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kool. It's been ten days and I let them out. They are running around like crazy .I don't know if I should put them back in one more day :(