Keeping kitten in a cage ?

skystarz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. I found another kitten in front of my home was thin and exhausted i believe some kids were playing by him as a toy for a while thats common here. Any way i took him and offered him food and good place to sleep but im keeping him inside cage because he is too small and i have another small cat which wont leave him alone he fight with him but thats not the main reason main reason im not ready to keep another cat in home and let him poop everywhere the cat doesnt know how to use sand to burry his ..... so im looking to donate him searching in some pages to donate him

I keep him outside the cage while cleaning the cage so he go outside for while but most the day hes inside i kind feel guilty im looking to donate him to better place.

Anyway is there any serious problem by keeping him inside cage? the cage is big for him as hes 3 months for now and still exhausted.

Thank you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be far better for him to have a kitten proof 'room' once a day to run and play, but in the circumstances he is lucky to have found you. You are doing the best you can, I would get him a small cardboard flat box and start with dirt to see if you can train him. In the meantime take his picture and post it around with his sad story, someone might take pity on him. If you have access to free radio, get on one of those buy and sale radio shows and give his story, I have very good luck with those. You are an angel for taking care of him, you will be blessed. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skystarz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will look into that flat box he still cant run and play looks very thin an tired even when hes outside the cage he just walk for a while and then sit. Will post him in instagram for better place. Thank you god bless you.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cage can be good when they are very small, but they outgrow them quickly. I found a couple small kittens and had no place to put them so I used a cage for a time. As they started to grow I put them in a bathroom for the day and back in the cage at night. I also built a small play patio to go with the cage. I eventually had to build a cover for that. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

skystarz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow thats great home for the cats he go here and there few times a day but hes very noisy and difficult to deal with however i will do what i can do. Thanks.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the beginning, for litter training I used a disposable baking pan. They are cheap and come in a variety of sizes. I also made a little hiding place from a cardboard box.