keeping kitten confined to one room while at work....is this OK?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hello, i got a new kitten recently and i have been keeping him in my room when i go to work. i spend all my time before and after work with him, and the room is big. it has all his toys, windows for him to look out , his food and litter box. im doing this for fear he might get into something he shouldnt in the house or worse yet accidentally let outside when my room mate comes home. I just want to do this until he becomes more acclimated living here. has anyone else done this? any advice?

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, we've done this and I think it is very wise.  It sounds like he has everything he needs, plenty of room to move around, and is safer in there.  An entire house can be overwhelming for a kitten and dangerous without supervision.  A smaller area helps them establish good litterbox habits too.  When you are able to supervise him you can get him used to the bigger house. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks for the advice. i think my room mate thinks im being cruel and mean for saying i dont want her bringing the cat out when im not home, but its only until he gets more acclimated and plus she is getting a puppy in a week so in the beginning i think its best to keep them separated when im not there to supervise.