Just wanted to share

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't sure even where to post this, but I wanted to share a tip on how to make free, almost free or a just plain cheap window perch. Seeing courtdawn333's avatar made me think of sharing this idea.

When mine started growing and were getting too big to really fit on them anymore. Not without the window being open, and even then it didn't look very comfortable.

I started looking for store bought perch's, NOT CHEAP. I can't even remember the HOW I came up with this, but once I did I was on a roll.

A found board and a C-clamp. And wala! They now have full perch's on every sill in my apartment.

Here you can see the clamp.

Hope this was helpful to someone. My kitty's love them.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Can you get some pictures from different angles? I can't quite see what the C-clamp is holding. Do you have a windowsill that sticks out far enough to put a clamp on it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here ya go. The lip of my sills are small. But with the c-clamps angled as pictured, you can attach to any sill no problem. Some may need 2 c-clamps, but each of mine only needed one.

These have been up for over a year now and hold the weight of both my cats at the same time.

Carpet scraps cover them, and double sided sticky tape hold the carpet to the wood.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that is brilliant!  I don't have a sill to my windows; just trim around them.  I would have to test it.  I think the clamps would allow for the trim width; but I don't want to damage the trim either.  Hmm! 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for the pictures. Too bad it won't work for my windows. I have block walls and the windowsills are just part of the wall, no trim or edge on them at all. At least they're wide enough for kitties to lay on them.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very sweet! The legs look like spindles of some kind?
They are wooden coffee table legs that I ordered off the internet.  I tried to find something that would kind of match our dining table legs and that was the closest I could come.  Now all I need to do is stain them.  (I've been saying that for months now
)   And you can't tell, but I covered the cushion with the same fabric as the window valance, AND it's removable, so I can wash it. 

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Brilliant - both of you!!

Re the c clamps, have you taken one off to see if there is any damage to the sill (the renter's problem!)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brilliant - both of you!!

Re the c clamps, have you taken one off to see if there is any damage to the sill (the renter's problem!)?
Yes, I frequently have changed boards, and reapplied the clamps many times. I have not noticed any damage.