Just Successfully Convinced An Owner Of An 18 Lb Cat To Switch To Better Food.

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have been feeding Rachael Ray dry, thinking it was decent food. They said their vet even said it was decent food:argh:. I looked it up and it's 32% carbs:(. I tried to convince them to feed wet, but they are convinced their cat won't eat wet no matter what. I suggested Dr. Elsey's clean protein knowing that the cost would be prohibitive to all but the best cat lover and they ordered it today:clap2:.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad they were receptive!!

Celebrity names and wholesome looking packaging dupe a lotta folks.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I trust you told them to do a gradual change over time, in order to try to reduce digestive issues that can come along with an immediate drastic food change?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I trust you told them to do a gradual change over time, in order to try to reduce digestive issues that can come along with an immediate drastic food change?
Of course, I suggested 3 weeks total for a food change, beginning with just a little of the new food sprinkled in, to 50% by 2 weeks, to complete change by 3 weeks. I normally would just suggest 2 weeks, but I figured going from all the fillers and carbs to the highest quality dry food that I know might be especially hard on a digestive system. I also made sure they were aware that Dr. Elsey's has 550 calories per cup and the need to weigh their cat frequently when on a diet so the cat does not lose weight too fast or risk fatty liver disease.