Just Spayed!

Did you give your cat liquid pain medication after a surgery?

• Yes, but it was hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I found the best way to do it

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, she/he didn’t seem to need it

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Lilahbear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!
My cat was spayed yesterday, they gave me liquid medication to give her for three days after the surgery, today I gave her the first dose but she just ran away after and started making foam and spitting it out :( I’m worried that I’m making it worse by giving her medicine since she just gets really agitated and doesn’t seem to drink much of it! Anything is helpful!

PerfectlySaneCatLady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did the vet say that she has to take it? Does she seem to be in pain?

My girl was spayed recently and while she wasn't as peppy in the first week or so after she got by fine without any pain meds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilahbear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She doesn’t seem to be in pain, she pretty much sleeps all day, she’s been eating great. The vet did say to give her the medicine but I didn’t think she would hate it this much!
Thank you for your reply!

PerfectlySaneCatLady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would call the vet and explain the situation, and ask for advice. I'm sure that this is not the first time they've had this situation. Is there someone else who can hold kitty while you administer the medication?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilahbear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes my husband held her and I gave her the medication, we’re just scared to hurt her or put too much pressure while holding her.

I will call the vet tomorrow to ask! Thank you :)