Just Rescued A Kitten - Won't Let Us Near Him/her

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whenderful

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since I adopted Ruby as an adult, I always love seeing pics ginger kittens, as it gives me a clue as to what Ruby might have looked like as a baby cat. :lovecat2:
I'll keep sending pictures! I love how peaceful she is now that she is safe. :redheartpump:
Reeses 2.JPG
Reeses 2.JPG
Hershey.JPG
And, also, is a picture of my main man, Hershey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whenderful

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love the photo! That is so cute! Hershey’s and Reese’s bowls! :lol: Reeses’s already looks calmer. She’s looking right at the camera instead of avoiding looking towards you! That is rapid progress. You have already done a super job with this baby. You keep making my day! :yess:
She was meant to be with us! :hearthrob:

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm late to this conversation, but have really enjoyed reading your story! At 7 weeks she is just a baby Has she interacted with your older cat yet, or has the vet advised you to hold off on the introduction?

Have you considered allowing her to sleep on your bed with you at night?You could move her food and litter box into your bedroom at night and close the door so she would be safe with you. I have always done this with young kittens, and some of my cats still sleep on the bed with me. It will be a great comfort for her to be near you. The bathroom sounds like it's been a pretty safe place for her during the day. Kittens can climb up curtains and sometimes get stuck on top of the curtain rod, so when she is in a normal room, keep an eye out for that

Regarding the bite, if the tooth punctured your skin, watch for signs of infection. It it were infected, you'd know within less than 24 hours. It would become red and tender and painful. If that happens, you need to see a doctor to get a script for antibiotics (usually Augmentin - - I've been through this a few times).

I'm glad you made the decision to reach out and hold her. I had a similar experience with a 3 month old feral kitten I took into my home. He spent the first 72 hours sitting on top of my air conditioner in his safe room scared to death. I finally just reached out and picked him up and held him, and to my amazement, he settled into my arms and started purring. Sometimes with kittens we just have to be bold and make the first move. You've got yourself a new little buddy for life!

Last edited:

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to chime in and thank you for taking in this ABSOLUTELY adorable little orange kitty, especially with the arrival of snow and cold. It sounds like things are going very well. I hope that Hershey will appreciate having a little sister and that they will become best buddies! There is a lot of information on TCS and elsewhere about making introductions if you aren't sure of the best way to proceed. Good luck and keep us posted!