just lost my prince I am heart broken and in disbelief

zorisuzaru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted on here a few weeks ago about my beautiful blue persian, bubbles who's jaw kept dislocating. Unfortunately it wouldn't stay in no matter how hard we tried, he wasn't eating, drinking and began to live in fear, he lost his trust in us because the process of resetting his jaw was so painful. He was 13 years old and 4 different vets advised than any orthopaedic surgery would be too much for him and could seriously wreck his quality of life. After staying up all night with him last night, we decided it was time to let him go. We stayed with him until the end, I felt him stop purring, it was very quick for him and the vet said he didn't even feel the needle go in his leg. I am so heart broken right now, I grew up with this cat and he was my soul mate, I cant believe that I will never see him or hold him again. His best friend, our other cat, hasn't yet realised, but they were so close. 

My thoughts go out to all those suffering the same pain right now

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, but you did all you could, even more. It meant the world to your baby to be with him at the end, you committed a selfless act by ending his pain and suffering and I know it completely shattered your heart. I'm crying for your pain, I know that the pain can overwhelm you at times. Focus on yourselves and your remaining little one, you need each other at this time. It takes a long time to heal. Please know you are not alone in your grief, we will try to share the pain and lessen your burden........ Bubbles, you graced the world with your presence and will remain alive in your families memories and hearts, RIP little one, you were greatly loved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zorisuzaru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you, your kind words mean so much. he was diagnosed with PKD at 6 months, and we were told he would not even live past 2. I am so proud of him for getting so far

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.  It's so painful to have to make this decision, but it was a decision made with love.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My condolences. It's so difficult to let them go, even when we know there's no choice. RIP, Prince, you were loved so much. :rbheart:

tain669

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you peace and strength for this time and may God keep you safe till your heart hurts no more

gusmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts of comfort your way.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  It's a hard decision but the right decision.  He is free of pain now.

zorisuzaru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks very much all of you, I am touched by your kindness

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Have just seen your news and my heart goes out to you.  Your heart is broken right now but it will heal and when it heals Bubbles will be right in there with you.  Hugs.

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss but Bubbles will love you eternally for the gifts of love you gave him and though your heart is breaking when it heals he will be in there as well as in fond and happy memories. RIP Bubbles have fun on the rainbow bridge buddy 
 xxx

sue2014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Reading this with tears in my eyes, so sorry to hear of your loss of Prince but you did the right thing, you couldn't have done more.  You gave him a good home and lots of love and a peaceful end when the time came.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry.   
  It comforts me to know that there are people like you that care so much for their cats.  You are a blessing.

zorisuzaru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you all, it is 3 weeks today he has been gone.... i still cry sometimes when i think about him, but i am beginning to come to terms with things now. thank you all so much for your kind words