Just How Hairy is Your House?

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
its hairy in our apartment just where oscar lays all the time. he doesnt shed that bad over anything else cause he really just lays on the floor. but everytime i vacuum and go over the spot he lays on the vacuum fills up with hair.

i try to keep the place clean cause my stepmom is allergic to cats and if she ever comes down i dont want her to get sick or whatever.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbara, that picture was hilarious!

I play my own version of apartment CSI. I can always tell the scene of a fight or rough play session between the girls because Eppie always seems to shed a big puff of hair when things get rowdy!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've killed more vacuum cleaners in my lifetime then all y'all combined. I have to replace the belt on my Oreck every 3 months. I 2 of my 6 cats are long-haired, and one is a walking shag rug! When I brush Snickers, we always marvel at the amount of fur pulled off and shedded onto the carpet. Plus, my own head of hair is down to my waist, so I've got that to contend with.

I have to de-fur my house twice a week. Sometimes I wonder why I do it cuz it's so redundant!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ox is losing so much fur he has big bare patches of skin!!! Plus he has gotten so thin he doesn't like being brushed. The cats are inside outside which helps a bit in the summer and using that Zoom Groom outside on the cats works well esp on Grizzly.
The house-well as others have said hardwood floors helps-but the hallway carpeting upstairs looks like a desert with sagebrush hairballs!!