Just an Update On Pickles

l.trant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
I know I haven't posted in awhile, but just wanted to give you an update. I first came on this site back in 2004, as we found out in November of 2004 that my best furry friend Pickles has squamous cell carcinoma, and had to have surgery, which resulted in him being deaf in one ear. Well I am happy to say that Pickles is our miracle cat. He is still with us and is as happy as he can be. When I think back and they told us his prognosis was very poor to guarded I didn't think he would be with us long. Well he is truly a miracle. The vets are even surprised he is still with us. He is still happy, healthy (as healthy as he can be), we decided that we weren't taking him to the vet unless it was absolutely necessary as it caused him so much stress to take him out of the house, we figure he doesn't need that with all he has going on. He is still eating well, and hasn't lost any weight that we can see. I did tell him that if it comes to the point where he doesn't look good, or he loses weight, gets sick I won't make him go through that. He does have a few lumps on his body (not sure if they are cancer tumors), but was told if he isn't bothered by them or gnawing at them then don't worry about them, and leave them alone. We didn't plan on putting him through another surgery to find out, because there is no cure for his cancer. I am just happy he is here, and everyday he sits next to me I feel truly blessed. I will try to keep you all updated. I just wanted to let you know, as so many of you have been so kind with your words and prayers. Also I wanted to let others know don't give up because there is hope. Thanks for everything and all your prayers.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great to hear that Pickles is doing so well in spite of his troubles! I hope he'll be well and with you for a long, long time to come.

Can you post a picture of him for us?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is truely amazing that he is doing so well! It sounds to me like you are greatful for him and love him dearly! I think that is a big reason why he is doing so well!