Just An Update And Your Thoughts.............

l.trant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First let me start by "Thanking All Of You" for your well wishes for my Pickles, so I thought I would give you an update. (For those of you who don't know he has squamous cell carcinoma). He is doing very well, eating, playing, and keeping me on his toes. We did tell the kids, (there 15 and 13) and they have seem to have taken it very well. He hasn't shown us any other symptoms that have caused us to worry. His hearing is well (for a cat who is deaf in one ear). He hears everything
I would like to know your opinions on this question, we weren't going to take him for his follow up shots, (he is an indoor cat and where there is no cure for his cancer we figured we didn't want to put him through anymore stress). We are now thinking maybe we should just keep up with his shots and treat him as if he were cancer free, (we know he never will be, but we think he may still benefit from his other shots). We have decided though we will not put him through anymore major surgery. So any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. They discovered the cancer in Oct. but he has been doing great since. I also want to "Thank You" for all your support and your concern for Pickles, and for making me feel welcome to this site, it is a great place with great people. My heart is overjoyed to know that there are people out there who do care about other people and there animals.

Thanks For Everything. Bless you all.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to hear an update, I'm glad Pickles is doing well. If it were me, since most vaccines they now feel are effective for at least 3 years, I'd not do them annually, so would skip this next batch. I don't see the point in stressing his system (but I'd also discuss it with my vet, I have a great vet who I run just about everything by
)