Just Adopted New Kitten ... Help With Pattern/breed

sirtwist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

My family just adopted a kitten named Tria. She had one of her paws crushed when she was very little and had to have a leg removed ... when we saw her our hearts just melted!

The shelter called her a chocolate point Siamese. She's obviously not pure-bred Siamese, as she doesn't have the vivid blue eyes and her body color is too dark (I think) plus shows tabby pattern. I think her color pointing is actually more seal than chocolate but I'm not sure. Just wanted to see what everyone else thinks! We think she's about 7 months old.

And so they don't feel left out ... here's my other two kitties :)

Evelyn, 5yo female (Calico? Torbie and White?):

Bubba, 15yo male (somewhat Siamese looking as well):

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think Tria has some old-style chocolate point Siamese in her. She might have some Burmese influence as well, which could explain the darker coloring.

I'd call Evelyn a calico Domestic Shorthair. Calico because her splotches of color are well-defined, and not mottled like a tortie.

Bubba is also a colorpoint, so he likely has some Siamese influence like Tria. He looks to be a blue point.

You have a family of very lovely cats!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree. I too Tria may be a combo of the siamese and burmese point genes. They darken up already as kittens. You can call her as a Tonkinese look alike. Your other cats are very lovely too each in its fashion. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sirtwist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm assuming that the tabby markings are not normal for typical pointed cats and that it would indicate tabby in her ancestry as well?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, there are genes both for tabby and point. Point giving the main characteristica, but tabby visible too... Also, add the genes for the color coloring the pointed parts. "blue point" "flame point" "seal point"

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I will add, the Tonkinese were constructed on siamese old type + burma. Tria is a very good look alike of such one.