Jumps Over Nothing

Wolftribe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are a couple places in my house where my male cat jumps over nothing. He's a cat that is overly cautious and gets wigged out easily. We can't figure out why he jumps over nothing but is there anything we can do to reassure him that there's nothing to jump over?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How old is he and is this a new behavior or a long term one? What is in the area(s) that he jumps over? Depending on all of that, you could try a cat attract spray in those areas to perhaps entice him to actually walk over them?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought -- if it is winter where you are located and depending on the type of heat you use in your house, there is usually static electricity in many households. Is he jumping near blankets or bedding that could be rife with static electricity? The tiny sparks of that might be zapping him. I would jump too! :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. How exactly do you mean jumping. Like jumping back, like he's been startled? Or jumping/leaping over "something".

if it is winter where you are located and depending on the type of heat you use in your house,
I was wondering about your heat source too. Do you have forced air heating ducts? Or maybe infloor heating?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I love watching cats try to catch a bug. Especially roaches
Hop hop hop. Or when I have gnats. Looks like they are slapping their paws
One of my cats runs all over the place and jumps over things.