job search resources

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you turn to when you are in need of a job?
I have been trying monster.com and snagajob (which is not my favorite site AT ALL!) and craigslist.
Craigslist is making me very mad. 95% of the "job ads" end up being "hey you are gonna get an interview! Now go to this site and get your credit score and then send us an email back!" Or "Oh you want a job?! How about spam about online colleges instead?"
UGH! I am ready to scream! I need a new job ASAP!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Indeed.com with success. It has the better postings from all kinds of job resource sites so you only have to check one place. I know what you mean about scams. Craigslist has a bad rep. Yahoo hotjobs isn't much better, IMO.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LinkedIn is another resource you might look into. You can network with coworkers (who can give you personalized recommendations), companies and even industry associations.

Good luck.

AC

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I'm retired, thankfully I am not looking for a job outside of the home.

I have given the possibility of having to look for a job a thought, though.

We live in an area with two hospitals. I thought about going to volunteer first, then look for openings in the hospital.

Working part-time has always, for me, worked great into a full time job. One or two times I went through an agency. Funny, the agency needed some clerical help while they were looking for me - so I worked for them until I found a job - own my own.
Since the agency didn't "sponsor" me for that job, there was no fee.