Jinx, my adorable domestic long-hair.

amy gohr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey CatSite,

I know that it is impossible to pinpoint a breed for a non-pedigree cat, but I'm curious if you agree with our suspicions about Jinx.

We think that at the very least, she is p[art Turkish Angora - perhaps also (/instead) part Ragamuffin. 

She has long, soft black hair that no vet we've ever brought to has seen before. It is quite long, but rarely sheds (we never have her fur on our clothes or furniture), and it does not ever mat.  

She has gorgeous yellow-green eyes. She is talkative, but not overly (she will typically respond to you, will talk when she's hungry or playful, and greets you when you get home). She also plays fetch. She doesn't climb furniture, has no bad habits.

She sticks out her tongue on occasion.

This is how she lounges...

Any thoughts on her lineage?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Beautiful girl :D

It's not that's its hard to pin point a breed for a domestic ( non pedigree .) Its just the vast majority of them don't have any pedigree ancestors at all, in fact very, very few have any pedigree's anywhere behind them. ;)

You see the domestic (non pedigree ) cat population did not result from pedigree breeds being mixed together, like in the dog world. Actually it is quite the opposite. ;) Domestic cats were here long before pedigree cat breeds existed - pedigree breeds of cat were created from the domestic cat population for a certain look or trait, not the other way around :D

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

amy gohr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very interesting! Good to know :)