Jay and Silent Bob

peppurr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did anyone See Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? That was the funniest Movie I have ever seen. Especially in The Begining! If Anyone saw it, What did you think of it?

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you serious? That was an awful movie, in my opinion! What a sell out. All their other movies are great, especially Clerks and Dogma. But that movie was such an insult to their fans.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe because I am Roman Catholic that I found it hilarious. I thought it a brilliant satire on the "church".

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you are talking about Dogma, right? That movie was great! I was saying that Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was awful. It lacked the clever satire of the others.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alicat, I can see what you mean about Strikes Back lacking the satirical qualities, but I still thought it was a funny movie. Of course, I think I am one of the 10 people who actually think that Mallrats is funny, too. Sometimes it is ok to have a movie with no thought provoking themes, and Strikes Back is one of those movies.

I will say, though, that Dogma is my favorite Kevin Smith movie. I love the way he pokes fun at the church and religion in general. Only he would have put George Carlin as a priest. That was ultimate irony right there!

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Make it 12, my boyfriend and I love Mallrats. Jedi mind power! I can never see those stupid dot pictures though in real life. I think movies can have no point, like Rat Race. It was just mindless fun. But Strikes Back, to me, just fell flat. The jokes didn't seem funny to me. I was really disappointed.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I was pretty hammered when I saw Strikes Back...maybe that was it.... I thought it was funny how he brought back a lot of the jokes from all of the previous movies. I also thought the whole fight scene with Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) at the end was classic.

P.S. I can't see those stupid dot pictures either. And every year at Easter we bust up every time we see the Easter Bunny at the mall.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll have to check this movie out. I haven't seen it yet. I haven't seen Dogma either.