Java looks like ?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Which breed Java is, we cant know without knowing the exact background. Probably no especial breed, as 97% of cats are.

But if you want to compare Java to a breed, so she seems to be a decent look alike of a Maine Coon.   If you live in Europe, so you can probably compare her to Sibirian, but Maine Coon-look alike is my spontaneous idea.

Now, both Maine Coon and Sibirians are natural breeds, ie they were purebred from existing natural population of big, hairy cats, used to live outside and manage well there.

These natural fellows, ancestors if you so want, are of course still living out there, although most are home owned cats now.  Which is a reasone why we see so many Maine Coon look alikes  here on this forum where many forumites are from the USA.

She is one of the most look alike, although still a kitten.

If somebody said to me, "april, april, you silly one [april fools, my son tells me], cheated, she is a purebred  Maine Coon for real with papers, ancestry, pedigree and everything!",  I would almost believe it.  :)

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaci hyou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I am from algeria;he's first owner told me that he's from an asiatic race but when I saw his father,  he was very big and hairy ( probabely a Moon cain or sibirian Yes :D)

but he's mother was not.

Anyway, thank you very much  for your informations :D 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Well I am from algeria;he's first owner told me that he's from an asiatic race but when I saw his father,  he was very big and hairy ( probabely a Moon cain or sibirian Yes :D)
Sibiria is technically in Asia, so he perhaps did meant this.

But this would mean the ancestors must have been imported to Algeria, they dont come there themselves.

Unless they did come as mouse catchers on a ship.

Otherwise, I dont know much about cats in Algeria!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat!   Java looks more like Maine Coon  than Siberian.   How likely it is that Java really has any Maine Coon ancestry just depends on how many true Maine Coon cats there are in Algeria and whether they're running around mating.    It's very unlikely you would have got a pure Maine Coon there without getting it from a breeder.   but I guess it is possible Java might be part Maine Coon.

The geographically closer natural breed of longhair cats to you would be from Turkey and nearby,  cats descended from the original  native Turkish Angora .    

http://www.turkishangoracat.org/arastirma.aspx

and i think Java looks quite a bit like them.