Jasmin had her babies

golden_moon_luv

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
on june first Jasmin had 6 beautiful babies(i do have homes lined up). She had a easy birth, there are 5 girls 1 boy. 2 solid grey, 2 with grey and white stripes ans one with soild grey with a white under belly. I know I counted 5 and some of you may wonder why, last week we found one dead, the mom had laid on it all night I suppose. The rest are in perfect health. She will be fixed A soon as the kittens are off the mothers milk. I have stocked up on canned kitten food and solid for both mother and kittens so no need to worry. I did find great homes for the kittens.

Ashley

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the babies! And condolences that you lost one. (I lost one of five myself
!) Great news that you have homes for all.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by golden_moon_luv

on june first Jasmin had 6 beautiful babies(i do have homes lined up). She had a easy birth, there are 5 girls 1 boy. 2 solid grey, 2 with grey and white stripes ans one with soild grey with a white under belly. I know I counted 5 and some of you may wonder why, last week we found one dead, the mom had laid on it all night I suppose. The rest are in perfect health. She will be fixed A soon as the kittens are off the mothers milk. I have stocked up on canned kitten food and solid for both mother and kittens so no need to worry. I did find great homes for the kittens.

Ashley
Ashley...I know you found great homes for the kittens, but if you would like a contract in order to follow up with the adoptors to make sure they spay/neuter the kittens, you can find a sample one here:

http://www.natewood.net/Rehome.html

There is a PDF called "Finding homes for homeless pets" and it has a very simply contract that you can use. If these are individuals in your area, it may not be such a bad idea to have them set up the spay/neuter appt. at the time they pick up their kitten.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golden_moon_luv

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the site, I had made sure i knew the people before i handed them out and I also tell everyone that i give animals to that for any reason they can not keep the animal to let me know and I will find a new home for it, even take it back while i am searching.

Today they are 25 days old and starting to get some teeth.

What can I use around the nipples on the mother to heal up the scratches the kittens have made. She look so horrible with all the dries up blood around the nipples. I try to clean dailey when I can.

i introduced one kitten to Gizmo(our male manx mix 10 months), he just loved her so did piccolo(the only two that allows a dog to be a substatute playpal).
I also let them have a smalll taste of canned kitty food juice which really only one had intrest in.

Ashley

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update Ashley..glad to hear you told the adoptors to contact you if for some reason they cannot keep the kittens.

Katie

golden_moon_luv

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today these kittens are 31 days old and a handful. I forgot the major task it is to keep these guys in one place. I had them all in a nice area where they couldnt get out until they learned to jump and crawl out so I had to give in. I cleaned up the room and let them out. It was pretty funny seeing them run everywhere. I also introduced some kitten food, two took it easy the others prefere not to eat it. They are drinking water now.

Im starting to see their personalities come out one solid grey male preferes to hiss at you and keep to himself ,

the solid grey female LOVES to sleep under shirts or blankets,

the one with light grey stipes is very out gouing and loves to follow me around the room she was the one who showed the rest how to break out(jump) and very playful.

The dark grey with stipes is demanding for love and attintion. wants to be help and will cry until you hold her.

The female with grey on top and white underbelly is a well hmm, keeps to her self and rarly plays.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ashley I am worried about the little one with grey on top and a white underbelly - the one you said keeps to herself and rarely plays ... at 4 weeks old, they should be pretty rambunctious and outgoing, especially if they have full run of an entire room. Is she getting enough to eat? Have you introduced a litter box yet?

~gf~

golden_moon_luv

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They do eat as much as they want, I bought some canned food and they all love it but some prefere the solid. The grey and white cat she is coming out more now( a bit shy I guess when im in the room).

They are now speeding out the door every time i come into to change litter, water and feed them all. I spend as much time with them as i can, I noticed one kitten prefers to play with and on me, she follows me everywhere.

Ashey