Jake gets a bath

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jake looks a lot better, very grumpy, but a lot better!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what beautiful kitties!

How did you get your kitty used to the sound of a blow dryer? I've tried a few times and they run when they hear ANY loud noise (Vacuum, blender, espresso machine...) so I can never get them more than towel dried.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Tamme
what beautiful kitties!

How did you get your kitty used to the sound of a blow dryer? I've tried a few times and they run when they hear ANY loud noise (Vacuum, blender, espresso machine...) so I can never get them more than towel dried.
Well I didn't really get them used to it. Like I said earlier, Peaches has always been terrified of the blow dryer (not the vacuum though). I just turned the blow dryer on first then brought them to it. Then I held them tight, first while they were still wrapped in the towel. I slowly peeled the towel off to expose more of them to the dryer. Believe me.... it wasn't easy! I had a death grip on them! Sometimes I'd have to hold them by the scruff of the neck and the whole time I just kept talking to them. My arms are sore! Oh... and I kept telling them it was useless to fight since I'm bigger then them.

woodsygirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is some cat! My mom used to have to bathe the Himalayan she had and I always got a chuckle out of watching it turn from a fluff ball into a "drowned rat" cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I had sent an email with Jake's picture to the breeder where he was born and she just couldn't stop saying, "WOW."
She gave me a few more tips for giving some finishing touches to Jake's grooming which I will try today!