Izzie

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
With that looks we dont need to think longer than a look alike of Maine Coon.

(How big is she, how much does she weigh?)

Just do like the old writer and big humorist Mark Twain said he did when he got a pic of a look alike of him:  he said he used that pic instead of a mirror when he would shave himself.

The problem are the litter mates, who are totally different in type.

One of the cases where we are almost believing on the tale there may be several different fathers to a litter.

(which IS possible, but not so often happening as many thinkd).

All three cats are gorgious, each in theirs type...

Two Bombay look alikes,

one MCO - look alikes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's only about 11 lbs. I fostered her and her 4 other siblings when they were 5 days old. Her brother (the bigger black cat in the second picture) is about 17 lbs. Two of them got adopted out, I kept two, and my parents kept one. There were three black, two were shorthair and one was long hair (looks like a Maine Coon but all black), and there were two that look like Maine Coons. Very strange family.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
11 lbs for a female is quite respectable, even if its not kilos but just halfkilos.  Its still twice from what many females are.

So we must take it for granted she has much of  MCO in her.  Probably from both ma and dad.

As some of the littermates are also qute big although Bombay-alikes, fully in the range of a MCO,   it may be so they all have one father.

He was perhaps not purebred MCO, and not mom either, so the combinations went in the whole field around

some Bombay- blacks, some MCO-alikes...

I cant the exact genes involved here.

The only gene I know well is the point gene, which can give such results:  one or two old type siamese among  totally different littermates...

So genes can give quite dramatic appareances especielly if they double up both from mom and dad.

A nice lesson in genetics!

Congrats to your find, your saving of these little lives of our small brethens did gave you  a rich  refund and reward!