Ive Taken In A Pregnant Cat And I Think Shes Due Any Day Now

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My next door neighbours had what they called an outdoor cat. They couldnt let her in as the husband was allergic to cats! I saw her on my fence in the snow and felt really sorry for her so i slowly started letting her in and my neighbours said i can keep her. Shes pregnant which i noticed 4 weeks ago she looked rather round so i guessed as i could physically see it then it would be around 5 weeks. We have felt and seen the babies moving for 2-3 weeks now. Shes very big at her sides and does not seem to have dropped? Just getting wider. Her mammory glands have not enlarged yet either. A couple of weeks ago she started going into cupboards etc but nothing really since then. I have 3 nests set up for her, shes on kitten food and hasnt been outside since i took her in. I have a male cat but he was neutered a long time ago and she will be as soon as possible. I have all supplies needed thanks to reading up on this site. I will put photos on but as i dont know her due date im just worried she will go too far over ax there are no signs yet? Many thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0922.JPG
IMG_0919.JPG
IMG_0919.JPG

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, the waiting game isnt fun. But cats manage a little too long pregnancies better than too early delivery. Read, a cesarean made just to be safe...
With human babies its no big problem, just to do a cesarean, if that is possible.

With cats, weighing all the factors and possible risks, the balance of risks and factors will be heavy into the advice to wait it out....

Tx for helping this little sis of ours!

EDIT. I see this is my post nr 20.000. :)

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as she is acting normal, not like she is stressed, she will be fine. Cats are good at hiding things when they are not right, but if she starts having trouble she will definitely change her routines and be hiding, not wanting contact, not eating, etc. I had a cat that I swear went months overdue, I didn't think she would ever deliver. But she eventually did deliver 7 kittens with no problems. So just be patient, and observant.
After two litters that ended up at my house from a neighbors cat, I finally took her in and had her spayed. She is living in my house now!
I want to thank you for taking this beautiful little girl in, you will be blessed for your caring heart. Send pictures please, when she finally has those little ones!

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you i will keep an eye on her. Shes very relaxed and just lays on my landing at the top of the stairs all day. I just felt so sorry for her sat outside in the snow so i took her in and will spay and keep her. I will post photos when she has them and i already have 4 homes lined up if she had that many as well as myself

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think we are getting close shes not eating much today, spent most of her time in the bottom of my sons wardrobe even though i made her a few nests this is where she keeps going. Shes purring, meowing now and agon but not having contractions yet and being very clingy to me just wanting tummy rubs. Getting a bit nervous x

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes thank you i have read posts on this site non stop for the past three weeks to prepare myself. I just wanted to keep this thread foing in case when the time comes i need advice. Many thanks

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds good. Good luck with mama kitty's delivery. We'll be expecting kitten pictures, BTW. ;)

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just lost the mucus plug

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Havent seen any milk yet though

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will probably have her kittens in the next 24 hours. Milk will come in after delivery.

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes laying in the cupboard keeps meowing and losing mucus. Is it possible shes pushing the kittens down into place? Shes not straining but seemed to push a couple of times like she was having a poo? Then more mucus came out

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s definitely in labor and doing what her body needs to do.

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes pushing

Lucyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Got a bubble coming out