IttyBitty ten week old kitty!

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a ten week old kitten that was from a feral litter. I bottle fed the litter and all are normal except for littlle Pepper. She cannot seem to eat anaything that is chunky. She LIKES it but then regurgitates. So after weighing the same 12 ounces the past month I took her to the vet. She suggested using different wet food which I am doing, have Fancy Feast with gravy center coming very soon. I mix KRM with water and mix pate into gruel which she loves. Now I started adding an inch of high calorie gel to this, a digestive powder and one drop of CBD oil. She does seem to have a better appetite after this but still no weight gain. She is starting to play with the other kittens but her favorite thing is to sit on my chest and purr. I will NOT give up on this sweet girl! Her poop looks normal, I am taking it to be checked by vet today. She has one distemper shot and been dewormed.

If Anyone has suggestions PLEASE let me know! Megaesophagous? I read about that here, a possiblity.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How often does she vomit her food? Are her poops normal? Does she also eat dry kitten food? How many times a day does she eat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She vomits only after she eats anything chunky. She has not vomited since two days ago when I gave her some regular wet food with chunks. She does love it but then she starts burping and throws up. Her poop is normal, I took it to vet today to check for parasites. She does not eat kitten kibble although its always there but I did just start offering very small kibble. She eats three times a day, should I try for more?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she needs to eat 6 times a day because she is not only tiny, but young, and especially since she really needs to grow.

Fancy Feast makes classic pates that are very soft that the kitten may like. Also, you can offer a dish of kitten formula for her to drink each day. It’s chock full of good nutrition!

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, she needs to eat 6 times a day because she is not only tiny, but young, and especially since she really needs to grow.

Fancy Feast makes classic pates that are very soft that the kitten may like. Also, you can offer a dish of kitten formula for her to drink each day. It’s chock full of good nutrition!
I am going to follow your recommendations. And good news! She has actually gained a small amount of weight and is within spitting distance of one pound!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a cat food brand, Wellness that makes a “smooth loaf” pate in both kitten and cat food. It is almost like a thick baby food consistency. You could try thinning this down with a little KRM or goats milk and she should be able to lap it up. I assume you talked to the vet about the vomiting?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think mega esophagus is a good guess! Kitten lady has a video about caring for one of her kittens with the condition on YouTube. Have you tried holding her somewhat upright after eating?

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is a cat food brand, Wellness that makes a “smooth loaf” pate in both kitten and cat food. It is almost like a thick baby food consistency. You could try thinning this down with a little KRM or goats milk and she should be able to lap it up. I assume you talked to the vet about the vomiting?
I have ordered some of this in a variety pack. I'm willing to try anything now! Thank you. Deb

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think mega esophagus is a good guess! Kitten lady has a video about caring for one of her kittens with the condition on YouTube. Have you tried holding her somewhat upright after eating?
I'm trying that now.

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its up and down with her. She loves the new Fancy Feast with gravy in the center in her gruel. I am trying to hold the bowl up so she has to reach for it and that does seem to help. But her weight went down slightly as she was off eating bit yesterday. All I can do is love her.

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tonight I weighted her and she has reached 1 pound! I thought I would never see the day! So I have hope. Giving her the same gruel as above but with Fancy Feast gravy center.

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, She is eating most of 3 oz can fancy feast and about 3-4 T of KMR with four inches of high calorie gel, a few drops of CBD oil and digestive enzymes (per day). I cut the CBD oil in half as she was almost eating too much! The little stinker has a dirty face all day long and is playing with her siblings!

DebRB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little Pepper has gained 3/8 of a pound since I first started this last week! I feel this is a huge success so far. She is sneezing some so now giving her some lysine, not sure about antibiotic yet.