It's all about us!

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be all about me!  Me me me me me me!  Since I'm the very first one here, maybe it IS all about me! 

Okay all you furry people, what are your thoughts on shiny jewelry for cats?  I sorta like my bling, but I hate all the upkeep.  Shining, polishing, finding places to hide it so nobody "borrows" it, and then trying to remember where I put it.  Any of you have that problem? 

Oh, BTW, BEE GEE here! 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
, Bee Gee! Mogli here.

What kind of jewelry do you have? Do cat tags count? I have lots of them - dangly ones and slide-ons. My mom hid the dangly ones, though, because I kept pulling on them to get my collar off. I didn't like the first collars I had, so I chewed them up. Now I have to wear a slide-on tag, but it's smooth and shiny. I really like the collar it's on. I have a Harry Potter collar, with broomsticks, cauldrons, owls and magic wands. That's jewelry, too, isn't it? I had a red Merry Christmas collar for the holidays. It really looked good with my glossy black coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mogli, you are SO right!  We all used to use those tags to pull our collars off.  Only one of us will leave a collar alone. 

My personal bling includes a shiny jingle bell left over from Christmas, a BIG one that used to be on a wall decoration, until we tore it up.  Mom gave up and let us have it to play with.  I have also scavenged an old lamp pull-chain that has a pigeon or something on the end.  Oh!  And a shiny plastic stick!  My favorite!  So, can you beat my hand? 

Speaking of hand, we need to scrape up a couple players for poker night, usually on a Saturday.  I have been accused of "creative dealing" more than once, but it's all lies!  Don't believe a word of anything they say! 

BEE GEE

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I collect claws. Well, they're not really claws. Daddy calls them his guitar picks, but he wears them like claws sometimes when he makes music, so I call them that. They're lots of fun to stash away, because then he has to get down on the floor and look all over for them.

I heard there used to be a place called Smudge's where TCS cats hung out - maybe everybody could play poker there!

Mogli

Last edited:

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I collect claws. Well, they're not really claws. Daddy calls them his guitar picks, but he wears them like claws sometimes when he makes music, so I call them that. They're lots of fun to stash away, because then he has to get down on the floor and look all over for them.

I heard there used to be a place called Smudge's where TCS cats hung out - maybe everybody could play poker there!
Poker!!! Do NOT tell the BeeGee that-she cheats!!!! 

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mogli!  SEE??  I told you everyone says I cheat!  Do not listen to Steve - it's all lies!  YES!  We need to get a poker game up.  And those "claws" of which you speak?  They almost sound like poker chips.  You are IN!  I know Steve has his black-hole Closet Of Doom we could set up in temporarily.  I stress the "temporary" part.  You do NOT want to spend much time in there.....
Now that I think about it, you may not want to spend ANY time in there.... 

BEE GEE

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
What do you have to eat during the poker games? I love to snack! I promise I won't chew on the cards if there are plenty of snacks.

Tell me about this Closet of Doom. It sounds very Harry Potterish.

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Pawsome!  Okay, I am directionally challenged - please point me in the right direction so I don't end up in the dog pound! 
Directionally challenged?? Boy,is that an understatement. It does NOT say BG the navigator. Where is this Smudge's of which you speak??? Take pity on the new,lost kid

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You just have to follow your nose, Steve. Smudge's has lots and lots of yummy things to eat.

So what does the Closet of Doom do? Or what do you do in there?

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You just have to follow your nose, Steve. Smudge's has lots and lots of yummy things to eat.

So what does the Closet of Doom do? Or what do you do in there?
MOL!!!! "The Closet" has all my earthly possessions,and then some. You know...gum wrappers,dried up Slim Jim's,everything and everything I find. Kind of like the humans equivalent to a junk drawer...only better!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds a lot like the space under the TV table here. I've got an even more secret place to stash my treasures, but I don't tell anybody where it is. Mom's been hunting for it for months and months.

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody- Gracie here (I’m a regular visitor at Smudge’s now!).
I have a collar with a little pink bell on it (Is that considered jewelry?). I think it’s very stylish, but I can never sneak up on the other kitties because they hear me first- what a shame, because other than the collar I’m the quietest and cleanest of all of my siblings.

Mogli, you sound like a very experienced toy hider- my mom has always found my stashes after a couple weeks, except for the top secret headquarters I’m now hiding my treasures in. 

Don’t tell the other kitties, but I have a secret stash of treasures in a top-secret headquarters, including one of Mom’s diamond earrings. I was supposed to keep this a secret, but everybody (including Meowmy) knows, so I might as well tell the world- Wallace and Gromit are constantly hiding their boring toys in Dad’s left leather shoe. The right one is just so unappealing- it was used to kill a bug once! Why not just leave it to us, the prime bug-killers?

Oh, speaking of bugs, what are your most prized catches and kills? Mine was a blue dragonfly that got in the window. It was pretty, but it was also disturbing my sun bath, so I just had to get it.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm Bee Gee, Darn Bee Gee.  *
* ... I'm the keeper of the 'nip around here.  Not because I can usually be trusted, er, I mean, because I am SUCH a good guard!  And also because I have no use for the stuff.  There!  I said it!  I am a cat who cares not for 'nip!  Now, you want to get me to notice, just put down a bowl of oatmeal! 
  Ahhh, now your talking!  Toss in some applesauce, a little brown sugar.  Okay, a LOT of brown sugar.  Maybe a spoonful of vanilla yogurt.  Oh!  Be still my heart! ..

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My prized catch was a bat. Mommy took it away from me before I could kill it. I caught it again, but she took it away again and set it free. You should have heard it squeak!

Oatmeal with brown sugar (and lots of cream!) sounds good. My humans won't give me stuff like that because I have a grain allergy, but I steal it whenever I can. I'm not allowed to have chicken, either. Do you have any allergies?