Itchy Ears

laroyal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Both my cats have itchy ears. I've been to the vet - they both got Revolution treatment for mites and fleas but this didn't work. The vet took a swab and can't find anything. The ears are clear and they are both very healthy and active, other than shaking their heads and scratching at their ears. My one cat does this all day. I feel so bad for them. Right now they are getting ear drops for bacterial/fungal infection even though the vet swabs came out clear. What can this be?
I don't think it's allergies to the food or environment as both cats are doing this and they are not related to each other. They are getting Royal Canin, wet and dry, which they had from kittenhood and this is a premium vet cat food. They drink plenty of water.
Dust mites? Any ideas?

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Both my cats have itchy ears. I've been to the vet - they both got Revolution treatment for mites and fleas but this didn't work. The vet took a swab and can't find anything. The ears are clear and they are both very healthy and active, other than shaking their heads and scratching at their ears. My one cat does this all day. I feel so bad for them. Right now they are getting ear drops for bacterial/fungal infection even though the vet swabs came out clear. What can this be?
I don't think it's allergies to the food or environment as both cats are doing this and they are not related to each other. They are getting Royal Canin, wet and dry, which they had from kittenhood and this is a premium vet cat food. They drink plenty of water.
Dust mites? Any ideas?
Just totally wild guess ---- High frequency sound ? Is there something generating a high pitch sound that you can't hear but is really bothering them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laroyal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmm... that does make sense.... maybe ... but would they also be scratching?
I will investigate just in case.