It Has Been A Year Now...

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today marks the one year anniversary of my losing my baby Oliver. He was almost 16 years old. I still miss my baby. I have a new one who fills the void well but, I still miss my Oliver. He was a beautiful boy. Sleep sweet baby. You are missed.

Oliver 10/3/2002 - 05/22/2018

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful, precious boy! Of course you will always miss him, he was a big part of your life, a wonderful part. These anniversaries come around and remind us of our pain, of what we lost, but eventually they will keep us close to the ones who go before us.
To be remembered is a great honor, to be loved so much for others to miss us, to have tears shed our name, is a goal to strive for when our own time approaches. They come by it so easy, because they were so easy to love. They wanted nothing more then to love us, to make us happy, and they did their job well. So though these anniversaries bring us pain, it is bitetrsweet, because it also reminds us of our happiness and what joy they brought to us. In time those joyous thoughts will gradually replace the sad, because as we go on living the joy of life will crowd out the grief. It is so much stronger. The bond of love is eternal and will be with you forever. Oliver's sweet love is forever a part of your very soul, and he continues to be a part of your life through your thoughts and prayers. Give him peace to know you are all right. That you are passing on his legacy of love, that he gave you a great love and did his job well, that though he is gone from your life, he will never be goen from you heart and soul......RIP dear Oliver, you are so loved and will always be held securely in a loving heart. Sleep tight little Prince!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
That first picture makes me want to just scoop him up and hug him and kiss his kissy face!! What a sweetheart....

And if I remember correctly the one that you have now looks a bit similar?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That first picture makes me want to just scoop him up and hug him and kiss his kissy face!! What a sweetheart....

And if I remember correctly the one that you have now looks a bit similar?
Oliver was a seal point himi and now I have a seal lynx point himi. Theodore is a real beauty too. Theodore will be one year old on June 28th. My avatar is Theo at 3 weeks. He is VERY lovable. Oliver was a big cat always weighing about 13 pounds while Theo is small weighing about 7pounds. Dynamite comes in small packages.

Last edited:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver was a seal point himi and now I have a seal lynx point himi. Theodore is a real beauty too. Theodore will be one year old on June 28th. My avatar is Theo at 3 weeks. He is VERY lovable. Oliver was a big cat always weighing about 13 pounds while Theo is small weighing about 7pounds. Dynamite comes in small packages.

Oh that face!!!!!:D

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oliver's work on this Earth is done, and he is at rest now. Theodore's job just beginning. All though Theodore has some big paw prints to fill, he looks like he is more than willing to give it a go. He IS a handsome little boy!

You were so fortunate to have Oliver for so long. I hope you and Theodore have many, many happy years togeather. Best wishes to both of you guys.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver's work on this Earth is done, and he is at rest now. Theodore's job just beginning. All though Theodore has some big paw prints to fill, he looks like he is more than willing to give it a go.
This is very true, Sylvester came after we lost Simon a tuxedo and Sebastian a Chantilly, and if you somehow combined those two together you get Sylvester, long haired black and a smidge of brown with the black/white tuxedo as you can see in the picture!

And he has Simon's "Tuxattude" as he is a bit naughty like he was at times! But he is a constant reminder of those two great boys....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Oliver, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

We never truly lose them, do we? Although we may get through it, and although we may love again, they live on in our hearts, never more than a thought away.