Isolation During Grief

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
It seems I walk the path of grief for the second time, in less than two years. I have been in the worst trenches of depression as of late, I have no energy to speak to those around me, do anything, eat, and even sleeping is hard. I sleep and feel like I wake up in an instance. Has anyone else felt this? I feel bad for my friends, but I don't even want to look at my text messages or reply to anyone. It is all too draining. I have no energy at all. On top of it all, my husband is away for another 3 weeks for work. To make matters worse, he hardly even speaks to me. I feel so terribly alone. It hurts, it makes the grief so much worse. The only place I find solace is here, because you all understand always. Please give any words of encouragement or support...I am struggling so badly. :sigh::sigh::sigh:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems I walk the path of grief for the second time, in less than two years. I have been in the worst trenches of depression as of late, I have no energy to speak to those around me, do anything, eat, and even sleeping is hard. I sleep and feel like I wake up in an instance. Has anyone else felt this? I feel bad for my friends, but I don't even want to look at my text messages or reply to anyone. It is all too draining. I have no energy at all. On top of it all, my husband is away for another 3 weeks for work. To make matters worse, he hardly even speaks to me. I feel so terribly alone. It hurts, it makes the grief so much worse. The only place I find solace is here, because you all understand always. Please give any words of encouragement or support...I am struggling so badly. :sigh::sigh::sigh:
you are not alone ok things will get better dont be afraid to reach out feel free to dm if you need i am always in an out of here and will respond asap to you. dealing with grief i cant offer much in the way of good advice since i like/prefer isolation during those times knowing that i anger or lash out easily

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are definitely not alone......Although grief has a way of ending our world as we know it, the world does go on. How I don't know....
The soul cannot endure such pain forever. It longs for the happiness that living and loving brings, and eventually forces you back into living. To have such pain means you loved so much. Instead of dwelling on the ending of that love, Search for the goodness it brought into your life. There is no saying truer than " Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened". There were MANY years of happiness and smiles in our relationships. They are a part of our world for a reason. To have never met them, shared our lives with them, is unthinkable. Yes, it would spare us this pain, but at what cost?
The hole in our souls when they leave us is huge. It takes a long time to fill it. It can only be filled with more love, happiness, and the passing of time. Sometimes a long time. The past is set in stone. There is nothing we can do to change it and we feel angry and cheated because we cannot. The future is not yet ours to see, and for many seems bleak and sad. it does NOT have to be that way. we have to consciously work towards finding what brings us happiness and peace, we have to concentrate on the present and allow the ones, human and animal, that are still a part of our lives to feel that they are wanted, needed, and bring us happiness. Many times it means having something to focus on, like a hobby we enjoy something that brings satisfaction and joy. Many times it means allowing our world to open to another little one who so desperately needs a home and care, there are so many. this new love never replaces our love, which is secure and forever, it resides beside it and adds to it, making it even stronger and more special. We need to get our mind off of the pain and suffering and back to the world of the living. This is a LOT harder doing than saying. Often there is no happiness or satisfaction in our lives with grief, but it is still there, it always is, we just have to find it. Sometimes we have to rely on the strength of others to help us through this, being alone and so full of pain just magnifies our despair. i found that letting others know what they are feeling is not unique, helps. I find comfort myself in comforting others.You may too. Do something taht helps you feel good about yoruself again, make a small donation to your local shelter of litter and cat food, and do it your little one's names. force yoruself to give some attention to the cats there, they desperately need and crave it. Please know you can come anytime here and tell us what is going on. You are NOT alone, we are legion........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincesss

Adult Cat
Purraise
We are here. We hear you. We care. Not one of us can fix this, but we would if we could. You are not alone, even in your isolation.
Thank you, Mamanyt. Your words always remind me that I am not crazy for how deeply I love and grieve my children. Bless your heart, thank you endlessly. As crazy as it may sound, the one thing that has made me feel better is I have been sleeping next to her urn, wrapped in her blanket. When I'm ready I am gonna return her to the beautiful shrine I have for her.:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Much as you feel you are alone, you actually are not. I have this urge to hug you right now but I am sorry that it can't be possible.

We are all here for you. Anytime just drop a line or two and we will all listen (or read) to every word you say and understand.
Several here are also facing a similar situation like yours, including me. Depression, grief, anxiety and stress are very difficult to fight against, but with a very strong support system such as family or friends, and TCS, you can pass through all of those pain a bit easier.

Please be strong. Hang in there. A lot of people care for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincesss

Adult Cat
Purraise
Much as you feel you are alone, you actually are not. I have this urge to hug you right now but I am sorry that it can't be possible.

We are all here for you. Anytime just drop a line or two and we will all listen (or read) to every word you say and understand.
Several here are also facing a similar situation like yours, including me. Depression, grief, anxiety and stress are very difficult to fight against, but with a very strong support system such as family or friends, and TCS, you can pass through all of those pain a bit easier.

Please be strong. Hang in there. A lot of people care for you.
Oh Maria I wish I could have that hug. I don't remember the last time I hugged someone. :sniffle: Thank you for your kind words of comfort, I am so sorry you also are experiencing this terrible situation. It is so hard to fight against...some days I am surprised I survived. Often times I wonder how I could possible survive without my two angel babies...my last senior girl hasnt left my side and I believe she can sense how bad I am struggling. TCS changed my life when I joined a few years ago now, only one person in my life understood how dearly I loved my angels, and coming here I realized so quickly how you all do. Without words even, you understand. I am so grateful to have all the kind souls here to help, just like you Maria. I am trying my best to be strong, thank you so much. Your words will stay with me in times of heartache, much like this one.:rbheart:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Maria I wish I could have that hug. I don't remember the last time I hugged someone. :sniffle: Thank you for your kind words of comfort, I am so sorry you also are experiencing this terrible situation. It is so hard to fight against...some days I am surprised I survived. Often times I wonder how I could possible survive without my two angel babies...my last senior girl hasnt left my side and I believe she can sense how bad I am struggling. TCS changed my life when I joined a few years ago now, only one person in my life understood how dearly I loved my angels, and coming here I realized so quickly how you all do. Without words even, you understand. I am so grateful to have all the kind souls here to help, just like you Maria. I am trying my best to be strong, thank you so much. Your words will stay with me in times of heartache, much like this one.:rbheart:
We find strength in each other. Together, we can beat all odds.

Again remember, when you feel like talking, you can rant here. You can pour your tears here. You can scream. And we will come digitally running to you. We are just divided by oceans or miles, but in genuine friendships and feelings, those are just mere distances.

Be well and brave.