Is Your Current Job Your Dream Job? If Not, What Is?

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My job actually is my dream job because I’d been putting effort into training for it since I was like 10. I made a name for myself wrestling in the UK and on the European scene and I was completely content. I moved to Orlando, FL after I got an amazing offer from the biggest wrestling company in the world and I obviously agreed to join their company. Work is great. I work on the company’s NXT brand and I’m truly happy, but my heart is with animals.

I think my girlfriend and I have decided to let people know that we’re open to rescuing and fostering cats. It’s something we would both love to do because it’s a subject that is close to our hearts. We travel a lot for our jobs at times, but when we’re not home we have friends and family who come and take over the care of the cats at our home. I think it helps to socialize them with new people besides just us.

So, I guess what I’m saying is that I have two dream jobs and I believe I could successfully manage both with no problems. Good idea? Yes? No?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What you're doing sounds fantastic! As for me, I would like to be a lottery winner lol. I'm not a fan of having to work full time but I gotta provide for my cats right??
I’ve always said that I hope I win the lottery one day. My problem is... I don’t play the lottery. Ever. That’s true you do, because if you don’t bring home what they’re expecting you to have you’ll hear about it from them. Very loudly, may I add.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My dream job is illustrator / writer. It's been hard finding a "real job" so I work from home. Not getting paid but I do things here and there on the side to keep my son and I stable (Felix is my son). I hope to be able to just create beautiful drawings and stories and not have to worry about money at all.

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dream job is illustrator / writer. It's been hard finding a "real job" so I work from home. Not getting paid but I do things here and there on the side to keep my son and I stable (Felix is my son). I hope to be able to just create beautiful drawings and stories and not have to worry about money at all.
Don’t get down on yourself. Your dream job may surprise you and come along when you’re least expecting it. As long as you and your son are stable, that’s all that matters right now. Thing will always get better if you go into things with a positive mindset.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
If you can handle both jobs, why not? Go for it!

I am in a nice job. It's in my field that I studied for, I am a graphic designer for a halloween company. It's not quite my "Dream" job, but I am pretty happy with it (minus the pay).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, my husband is a BIG wrestling fan. I bet he's been watching since before you were born. :biggrin: One of our first dates was at a wrestling match.

As for my dream job it would probably be in the medical field. However, I've worked in special education for many years and love working with the students. Every day is different and never boring.

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG, my husband is a BIG wrestling fan. I bet he's been watching since before you were born. :biggrin: One of our first dates was at a wrestling match.

As for my dream job it would probably be in the medical field. However, I've worked in special education for many years and love working with the students. Every day is different and never boring.
We never had much wrestling on TV where I grew up in the Netherlands, but there was always ones to rent at Blockbuster and I probably watched each of them 50 times. During that time period I took up karate and that eventually lead to kickboxing. I made the final decision I wanted to do it for good when I was 16 and my career has been on an upward climb the whole time. With the company I’m in now, fingers crossed, I’d like to eventually retire from it when getting beat up doesn’t seem quite so fun before. :)

Your current job sounds challenging and would take a very caring and patient person to do it. The kids love you for it, I’m sure.

If you were to work in the medical field, would it involve animals or people?

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
My current job is far from a dream, unless you consider nightmares dreams. :flail:

My dream is to open a pet supply store, but focused on cats. A cat supply store. :D
I'm gonna try really hard to make it happen.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a planner for my county. I enjoy it because I like reviewing plans and also like getting outside sometimes and checking on-site improvements.

My dream job? I'd still love to have my own B & B (and allow people with cats). Or own a small bakery. Nothing exotic, some cookies, cupcakes, a few kinds of candies, things like that. I just love baking cookies and working on recipes. And we really don't have a bakery per se in town anymore.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of things would you like to write about? Fact or fiction?
I mostly write memoir, specifically about my experiences being mute as a kid, surviving depression, dealing with obesity and weight loss surgery, and then being diagnosed with autism as an adult. When I write fiction it usually has elements of the same.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was in college a friend's mother and I were talking and she said "Sometimes dreams are for seasons." That really stuck with me. My current "job" is my dream; I'm home with my kids and homeschooling them. It's a luxury some families can't have. I didn't really let myself dream about it though. It was more of a thought in the back of my mind that I'd like to be home with my kids. Homeschooling wasn't really a thought till after they were here. Sometimes I think I work harder now than when I had a day job; but I do enjoy the rewards more deeply too.

That obviously makes it a "season" for me. I have no idea what I will do with myself after they are grown and graduate. I think something non-traditional would suit me better. I don't miss the traditional 8-5 working world schedule. It feels like my introverted personality makes most jobs very draining.