Is YOUR carrier missing here?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This is our carriers & cages/crates category:

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/category/carriers-crates

Heads up: we'll be having a carriers review contest in a few days, with some cool prizes to be won for letting us know about the carrier you're using (or have used in the past).

Now's a good time to take a look and make sure the model you're using is listed. 

Can't find your carrier? Post to this thread with the full name of the maker & model, or, even better, a link to it on Amazon or any other site.

As always, existing reviews in the category totally count towards the contest, so no need to wait. If the muse happens to hit you today, go ahead and type in a review!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Moving to the lounge and bumping!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goodness.  I have no idea.  All I know is Casper's is really large, heavy, secure and accommodates him really well.  Cocoa's as it turns out, is far too small and we have to return it - thankfully the tags are still on it.  The last time we brought her to the vet was when she first was adopted - not even a year ago, and we used Casper's at that time.  We bought one for her afterwards but she got SO much bigger since then I don't think she'll be comfortable in it, although she will fit.

I'll try and remember to look up Casper's when I get home.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Mine is soooo on there! I love my carrier, so does Maia! When I leave it out, she hangs out in it, loves it!

My friend borrows my carrier often, because it's awesome!

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Goodness.  I have no idea.  All I know is Casper's is really large, heavy, secure and accommodates him really well.  Cocoa's as it turns out, is far too small and we have to return it - thankfully the tags are still on it.  The last time we brought her to the vet was when she first was adopted - not even a year ago, and we used Casper's at that time.  We bought one for her afterwards but she got SO much bigger since then I don't think she'll be comfortable in it, although she will fit.

I'll try and remember to look up Casper's when I get home.
Let us know when you do! If needs be, I'll be glad to add it to our reviews section 

Mine is soooo on there! I love my carrier, so does Maia! When I leave it out, she hangs out in it, loves it!

My friend borrows my carrier often, because it's awesome!
Can't wait to read your review! If you can't find it there, just post here and I'll add it right away!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I got mine in a hurry from our vet surgery, about 10 or 12 years ago.  I had to find something suitable to get my vet phobic cat in to: she had acute cystitis and blood in her urine and our previous vet had vanished (either died or gone in to care somewhere - he was very elderly).  The previous vet gave me sedatives to administer (to cat) before getting her there and the existing carrier (plastic, coming in two halves and with a wire door to the front) had already been found impossible when not heavily sedated and unresponsive.  I bought what the vet surgery had, at what I thought was an evil price of about £25.  They referred to it as a 'crush basket' as it was fully top opening and wire all round so they could slip something inside and use it to press a cat to the side and inject sedative while still in the basket.    We did get there without me being shredded so it was fit for purpose. I also got her home again, still sedated as they decided she was too 'stressed' for them to reverse the sedative and bring her round while there.
  Gee thanks, was all I could say on that one - playing vet nurse for the next 24 hours.....

Still using it with Mouse.

Took some searching to find it but here it is - turns out maybe £25 at the vet wasn't as extortionate as I thought!  The one I had before is still pretty much the same price.

Happy to review if anyone wants.

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Why not go and write  a review for it?
  Done!

Thank you! I just added it here - 

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/sherpa-original-deluxe-pet-carrier

I hope this is the right one?
That's the one. Review done. :)

I got mine in a hurry from our vet surgery, about 10 or 12 years ago.  I had to find something suitable to get my vet phobic cat in to: she had acute cystitis and blood in her urine and our previous vet had vanished (either died or gone in to care somewhere - he was very elderly).  The previous vet gave me sedatives to administer (to cat) before getting her there and the existing carrier (plastic, coming in two halves and with a wire door to the front) had already been found impossible when not heavily sedated and unresponsive.  I bought what the vet surgery had, at what I thought was an evil price of about £25.  They referred to it as a 'crush basket' as it was fully top opening and wire all round so they could slip something inside and use it to press a cat to the side and inject sedative while still in the basket.    We did get there without me being shredded so it was fit for purpose. I also got her home again, still sedated as they decided she was too 'stressed' for them to reverse the sedative and bring her round while there.
  Gee thanks, was all I could say on that one - playing vet nurse for the next 24 hours.....

Still using it with Mouse.

Took some searching to find it but here it is - turns out maybe £25 at the vet wasn't as extortionate as I thought!  The one I had before is still pretty much the same price.

Happy to review if anyone wants.
How strange! When I click the link, the product name shows up as Bosch 0258005709 Oxygen Sensor. 

Obviously, it refers to a different product. I don't think Bosch make pet carriers either... I would love to add this one, even manually since it's from Amazon UK, but the product page doesn't work well for me. The price is around 100 pounds too.

If you could maybe find a similar model here, I'd be happy to include it. I'd love to have a review of a wire carrier - 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1...er&ie=UTF8&qid=1383989049&tag=&tag=thecatsite

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Makes sense that the link and price are for another product, I did think the Bosch Ozygene sensor sounded funny but the product description was for the pet carrier!  
    I couldn't see anything remotely similar on the Amazon US site unfortunatley.  I'll have to keep checking the Amazon UK site and go in to my vets to see if they can tell me what make the carrier is (they still have them there, I just hadn't asked them the price recently).

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Makes sense that the link and price are for another product, I did think the Bosch Ozygene sensor sounded funny but the product description was for the pet carrier!  
    I couldn't see anything remotely similar on the Amazon US site unfortunatley.  I'll have to keep checking the Amazon UK site and go in to my vets to see if they can tell me what make the carrier is (they still have them there, I just hadn't asked them the price recently).
I can add it manually, not a problem, just need to know the exact make and model :)

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got a Sleepypod Atom: 
Currently works well for my 7.8 pound female cat and my 6 pound kitten. I did a quick search on TCS and did not see it listed - if you would like for me to write up a review, let me know.

EDIT: I also have a Bergen Signature Series Comfort Carrier:   which I did not search on TCS but will gladly write a review also.

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I've got a Sleepypod Atom: 
Currently works well for my 7.8 pound female cat and my 6 pound kitten. I did a quick search on TCS and did not see it listed - if you would like for me to write up a review, let me know.

EDIT: I also have a Bergen Signature Series Comfort Carrier:   which I did not search on TCS but will gladly write a review also.
Added here - 

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/bergan-signature-series-comfort-carrier-pet-carrier

http://www.thecatsite.com/products/sleepypod-atom-in-cabin-airline-approved-pet-carrier

Thank you!

And I've officially launched the contest now - 

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/267662/who-wants-a-15-amazon-voucher-review-your-cat-carrier-to-win