Is this possible ringworm???

luda macka

meow ♡
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Long time no see. I have an update for Penny that I will post sometime soon, but until we see the vet tomorrow, I wanted to confirm... is this possible ringworm?? I just found this on my cat. At first I felt this section on her fur a bit scabby and thick, so I started removing it and it was all coming off of her super easily and she didn't complain at all. Once it was all removed, it became this..

Thanks to anyone for any help. Remember, I am seeing a vet tomorrow!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luda macka

meow ♡
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, it was covered completely by a scab that still had fur on it completely. But it peeled off so smoothly, like a glove. It's mostly flat or like swollen? There is no indentation. I'm only concerned about ringworm because it's such perfect circular shape.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Really good that you are seeing a Vet tomorrow.
It definitely looks infected, and your Vet will know what to give you.
Abscess, chemical burn, wound,...not sure really, but your Vet should know the proper treatment..to get it to heal faster.
Well, it was covered completely by a scab that still had fur on it completely. But it peeled off so smoothly, like a glove. It's mostly flat or like swollen? There is no indentation. I'm only concerned about ringworm because it's such perfect circular shape.
The complete circle would worry me, too.

But since you are going tomorrow, don't worry about it too much.
Just do what IndyJones mentioned,...wear gloves and wash hands...just in case.

Please update us tomorrow, to hear what your Vet's treatment is.
Good Luck to you and your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luda macka

meow ♡
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the reply! Yeah, we have a vet check up for a completely different thing (if anyone remembers that post about Penny and her urinary issues.. well it's about that) and today I just found this so it's like the universe being like "hooray! and add another thing to the table!!!" ugh... I feel really bad for her.. she just seems to be having one constant health issue after another, but nothing so serious and chronically bad enough that would warrant putting her down. :(

I will definitely update tomorrow about her overall condition since last time and what the vet will say about this. For tonight, I've gently cleaned the wound with a medical saline solution we had from the pharmacy and I put a mild antiseptic spray over it and then covered it with a sterile gauze and some medical duct tape. Hopefully it will hold until tomorrow 2 pm when I have the vet appointment. I didn't really wanna leave the thing out on the open air...