Is This Playful Or Fear?

TransDino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently got a new kitten (sunday) and I've been interacting with her in a room away from the other animals. When she's tired out from playing with a toy I'll bring her into another room and she'll nap with me. Now since she's more comfortable with me she meows loudly when she's not with me or when she is in the hands of another person. She purrs when I pet her back and the base of her tail. Then after purring she goes on her back and holds onto my hand. Biting it, not hard at all to the point I can hardly feel her teeth, and bunny kicking my hand. She also kneads my hand to keep it with her. When I take my hand away she goes to grab it again. Then she licks my fingers and starts to try to suckle on my finger. She's almost 10 weeks old. Is this playful behavior? This is her and her name is Enyo after the greek goddess. The black spot right at her eye is just a marking.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she's playful, this is the way she would be playing with her sibling if she had them around. I wouldn't however let her play with your hands if I were you; she was separated from her siblings a bit too early and it's possible that she didn't learn from them to respect the boundaries, and she may start biting your hands uncontrollably if she has a chance. Instead of playing with your hand, have a soft toy at hand, or a kickaroo toy that she can kick as much as she wants. Good luck with her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TransDino

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alrighty. I've been trying to redirect her to other toys and what worked best was a little ball of paper or a teaser toy. It didn't help when my friend tried to just play with her hand