Is this pinking up??

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the babies!

Hmm you say she's a munchkin? Thats the tabby cat in the pictures? Do you have better pictures of her standing up? Like regular view?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! No the one who had babies is just a normal cat. My munchkin is only 17 weeks old. This is a pic of my munchkin.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone so I had a quick question, is it normal for a cat to have gray poop/diarrhea after giving birth? She is in my son's room and he came to me in the middle of the night because he couldn't figure out where the smell was. When we finally found it, it was gray poop/diarrhea on the carpet. There has been a litter box in that same room since the kittens were born. We cleaned it up and when I went in there this morning she was out of the box and she had done it again in the same spot. We are now moving the litter box over in the corner where she went to see if that will stop her from using the carpet. I also noticed yesterday that when the kittens are done eating and just sleeping she is out of the box. She wants out of the room. Until I stick her back in and make her lay down and attach the kittens she won't go in there. The kittens seem to be gaining weight and it seems like enough. Can someone please help me out? I've called the vet and I'm waiting for a call back... I have noticed also that 3 of her nipples aren't producing any milk. That's why I'm watching them so closely.
Here are their weights since birth...

3-18-2020 5:00PM
Black/white- 4oz
Black-3.90oz
Piglet (he has a kinked tail)-3.30oz
Tabby w/ white paws-4oz
Tabby #1-4.4oz
Tabby #2-4.4oz

3-19-2020 6AM
Black/white- 4.6oz
Black-4.15oz
Piglet (he has a kinked tail)-3.75oz
Tabby w/ white paws-4.60oz
Tabby #1-4.95oz
Tabby #2-4.95oz

3-19-2020 5PM
Black/white- 5.10oz
Black-4.55oz
Piglet (he has a kinked tail)-3.75oz
Tabby w/ white paws-4.95oz
Tabby #1-5.10oz
Tabby #2-5.10oz

3-20-2020 6AM
Black/white- 5.45oz
Black-4.75oz
Piglet (he has a kinked tail)-4.10oz
Tabby w/ white paws-5.10oz
Tabby #1-5.20oz
Tabby #2-5.35oz

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know but it could be the color is from her eating the placenta? Hopefully the vet is able to get back to you soon.

I'm not a super expert (I don't know how how much they're supposed to gain daily) but the fact that they ARE gaining is very good.

I think that as long as the kittens are not crying and are sleeping in their little furry pile, it's ok to let mama roam. If however they start really wailing and crawling around and she's not responding to that, then definitely see about getting mama back with them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Gains are terrific! 👍

Her poop should return to normal soon. It’s just from her system going through hormonal changes.

Do give mama short breaks from the kittens outside the room. She needs it! :)