Is this pee or poop?

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like pee imo. Clumping litter does this. I’d recommend using a litter scoop or use a poop bag and carefully grab out it if you can

poolcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There might be some loose stool in there, hard to tell. Pee balls will break apart easily and look gray inside. Poop will look like... well, poop.

Until you get a litter scoop, you can use a small plastic bag to remove the waste. Put your hand inside the bag to collect it, then flip the bag inside out and tie it to seal up the waste. Put the bagged waste into the garbage -- don't flush it down the toilet! When you get a scoop, the metal types are better than plastic, IMO.

Congratulations on being a new cat parent!

MiatheKitty

Queen Mia
Young Cat
Purraise
There might be some loose stool in there, hard to tell. Pee balls will break apart easily and look gray inside. Poop will look like... well, poop.

Until you get a litter scoop, you can use a small plastic bag to remove the waste. Put your hand inside the bag to collect it, then flip the bag inside out and tie it to seal up the waste. Put the bagged waste into the garbage -- don't flush it down the toilet! When you get a scoop, the metal types are better than plastic, IMO.

Congratulations on being a new cat parent!
if op gets too worried, they could get a brand like none clumping catsan litter. I find clumping litter terrible and only get it as a last resort if I’m not able to get good none clump litter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got Louise this summer(senior shelter) the Vet asked for a fecal sample. So I scooped up a heavy clump and brought it in. I was embarrassed to be told it was clumped urine. The tech gave me a sample container for the next time and it was a small lipstick tube-like container with a teeny scoop attached to the cover. I have since found that my cat's poop is long and narrow when clumped and the urine is wide and heavy clumps. It is strange..sometimes those urine clumps are in the shape of valentine hearts!! Really!:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pp604

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I got Louise this summer(senior shelter) the Vet asked for a fecal sample. So I scooped up a heavy clump and brought it in. I was embarrassed to be told it was clumped urine. The tech gave me a sample container for the next time and it was a small lipstick tube-like container with a teeny scoop attached to the cover. I have since found that my cat's poop is long and narrow when clumped and the urine is wide and heavy clumps. It is strange..sometimes those urine clumps are in the shape of valentine hearts!! Really!:lol:
Haha thanks for this! I would have done the same mistake 😂

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a metal scoop at petco years ago. There are wipes you can buy to keep it clean. My cats are adult so I use storage bins