Is This Normal Or Should I Call The Vet?

Should I be alarmed?

• Nope, all is well.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kittyemojis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
CCA5A2FC-8068-4B50-A487-CB4F73FA1011.jpeg
F43F8CE5-71FA-4060-B719-63A6C0C2DF45.jpeg
I’m not sure when my kitty’s incision started looking like this, it’s not alarmingly scary (maybe because I just don’t know what to expect) , but I don’t know what it means. She’s still acting her usual self!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that an incision from surgery? When did she have it done - is it old or new?

I mean either way I'd call the vet tbh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyemojis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is that an incision from surgery? When did she have it done - is it old or new?

I mean either way I'd call the vet tbh.
It’s 8 days old, she was spayed last Thursday. I’m gonna call the vet, but can I ask why you think so? I’m just not sure what I’m looking at! This is my first cat.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should call the vet, because 9 times out of 10 if you have to ask on the internet whether you should call the vet, then you should call the vet. They went through 7 years of veterinary school, we didn't and can only provide general advice and good wishes. :D

When is she due back to have stitches out? Or are they dissolvables? Does the area around the incision feel hot, are her ears or paws hot? Those could indicate infection.

It just doesn't look like healing incisions that I have experienced in my own cats, normally when they have had surgery I can see stitches and it looks flat and pink at the edges of the incision, the fact it is darker and there is green at one end and it looks like it's sunken made me wonder what it was I was looking at. Which meant my first suggestion was vet :)