Is This Just A Scratch?

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there me again, noticed my 4 month old kitty has a scratch ( so I hope) on his right ear.. it's dry around the redness .. uploaded pics ! Any advice appreciated , sort of paranoid now.

Attachments

MarinaNebro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Slinky once had a scratch-wound on her hip. I wasn't sure if she had accidentally got caught on something sharp, or if my other cat had bit her. The fur from the area had also been torn out. She will always have a little hairless spot.

We went to the vet because I was worried it could be ringworm. Look up that possibility. At the end of the day, the vet gave me a topical gel to rub on the wound twice a day.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's rally hard to tell by the picture, but very possible he scratched himself with his back foot, unless you have other animals around :dunno:. Is it bothering him? You can try just keeping it clean, although that's a tough area to work with without him fraking out (in all probability :wink:) and see what happens. I'd trip his back claws too, just in case. But if you're really nervous about it, or it it gets worse, then certainly take him in to be seen.

You could always call your Vet too, and ask if there is anything you can put on it. The only thing is...he can reach it with his foot and then lick that foot :rolleyes2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I have two other cats that are getting along with him now , it seems to be healing up ! Thanks for everyone's help, I think it was just a scratch