Is this introduction going ok?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They've had a breakthough, and can now build on that in their own time! If they are able to eat around each other, and to play together, you're over the worst of it...although, there may well be some posturing for awhile!
Yes definitely are tolerating each other. I feel bad like her quality of life sucks because she constantly keeps going under my husband's office couch. She did come downstairs for a bit but she got too freaked out and is now back under the couch. She only came out because I got her out to play with a wand toy. I know her life could be worse but it makes me feel sad how some cats just hide all day. Hopefully she will be comfortable. shes so young!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Give her time. I think she will get there. At some point, but not any time real soon, you may have to block off the access to the couch, and give her a better alternate, like a "cave" style bed. But not yet. It's too soon to take that away from her,

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We got Ghost is June and he hid under the couch a lot when we weren't actively playing with him. We just keep building his confidence. That's what you'll do with her by playing, building trust and your encouraging words.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that! We have a Clyde that we didn't name. I never give my cats normal human names, but his just stuck!
All that cats we've had we've kept their names from the rescues. Our first two were Swanie and Cynthia (aka Cindy). Then we got Darcy who died of FIP as a kitten. Then Cricket after Swanie passed, and now Austin. Austin was initially adopted by other people and taken back to the shelter, they had renamed him Beethoven but we tossed that and kept the name his foster mama gave him. Some of the names they give the kitties at the rescue where I volunteer, I would not keep

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Give her time. I think she will get there. At some point, but not any time real soon, you may have to block off the access to the couch, and give her a better alternate, like a "cave" style bed. But not yet. It's too soon to take that away from her,
I need a better place to feed her. Its hit or miss when she eats. She currently eats all the way deep in the closet lol. Brococli is being great to her now.. hes very gentle with her vs my senior who he slams into the ground. Broccoli wants us to open Holly's door.. he usually hisses in the morning at her for some reason but my husband let her out again and she rammed broccolis head with hers and he licked her a few times and BURR noise ran from her trying to get her to follow him 🥺❤

My senior is being his typical self (I smell you dont you dare smell or touch me) shes even rolling around in front of him trying to win him over and it's not working lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try moving her food, inch by inch, towards the door of the closet, then out. Give her time to get used to each move.

As for Lucky...If he isn't knocking her sideways when she "flirts" with him, he'll get there. And he may actually swat her a time or six, teaching her some manners. But she isn't the least afraid of him, which is a VERY good thing!

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try moving her food, inch by inch, towards the door of the closet, then out. Give her time to get used to each move.

As for Lucky...If he isn't knocking her sideways when she "flirts" with him, he'll get there. And he may actually swat her a time or six, teaching her some manners. But she isn't the least afraid of him, which is a VERY good thing!
She didn't eat over night when I looked this morning but she ate over night yesterday and lunch probably finished breakfast/lunch in the evening so that's why she didnt eat over night. Shes only 7lbs so she eats half as much as my senior so it just concerns me. Shes young and happy not sick or anything I know she will eat when shes hungry I'm just having a hard time figuring out her schedule. And shes nocturnal but broccoli and lucky sleep in bed with me. This morning she was sitting in our door way quietly lol