Is This Headache?

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So most of the time my cat sleeps like this he comes to me purring and sleep like this i saw someone saying that if cat sleep like this it means that the cat hv headache is it true ??? Im scared he doesn’t look in pain he looks like he enjoying idk

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats just like to sleep in weird positions :lol: It doesn't mean they have a headache or are ill. Their sleeping position is just an odd quirk.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, although we don't know when they really do have a headache, all my cats sleep in this position too much to have that many. Cats that are in any kind of pain, are not relaxed. They almost always hide, don't want to be touched, and get very grouchy. They also quit eating and change in their normal activities, like playing and being relaxed. Remember too, NO human pain meds given to a cat, even if you know they are in pain. Call your vet and see what they recommend, many pain meds and medications in general that are fine for dogs and others are very toxic to cats because they have a complex, different system and process many things different then any other creature. The picture you have there shows a cat that is happy and relaxed, no pain there!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Your cat might be hiding his eyes, if there is a light source nearby. Feeby either does that or she covers her eyes with a paw to block out any light nearby. If we turn out the light source, she generally moves her paw away or changes her head position.