Is This Cat Possibly The Li Hua?

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
im in china, and one of my Chinese friends has a cat. I think this cat has a lot of the colorations and eye color similar to the li hua. What do you think?
7714005E-0AFA-4EE0-AEB5-A1FC5D3E3EE7.jpeg
B82D3072-6453-471E-BB34-5CCC27452ED9.jpeg

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having only just now heard of this breed through google search, he does resemble one quite a bit. However with no papers it is a domestic short hair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Being in China and owned by a chinese the prob is high he is one of Li Hua.

Count on it as your working hypothese.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He does look like a Chinese Li Hua! He would be a Domestic Shorthair, technically speaking, though. He’s such a handsome boy!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't a Li Hua basically any Chinese street cat? A landrace, not a breed (except that now they do have selective breeding programs)? I would say that cat is almost certainly of the Li Hua landrace, but most likely not part of the selective breeding program.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a landrace, but that doesn't mean that any brown tabby Chinese street cat would be considered a Li Hua. There are lots of non-native cats in China. I was under the impression that the Li Hua is not common even in China.

I am not sure how you would identify a native Chinese Li Hua, as opposed to a domestic cat descending from non-native cats. I do think that the cat in your pictures has a bit longer and more fluffy looking coat, and more of a sweet/domestic appearance, compared to the Li Hua that I saw when it was being exhibited in CFA some years ago. But, I am not an expert.