Is this baby girl a mink ragdoll?

Sammybunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my ragdoll has had 3 beautiful girls and I’m wondering if this little one is a mink she is 3weeks old. Mum is a choc point ragdoll and dad is a seal point. Looking forward to your response tia
IMG_0749.jpeg
IMG_0746.jpeg
IMG_0745.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, one begins to wonder. If both parents are purebred, they shouldnt be carriers of the burmese point gene. but whom knows? But at least one of them seems to be.

Having seal from both parents (choklad is a dilutation of seal), she will of course be very seal- But usually not quite as fast!

This quick darkening hints she is a combo of the siamese and burmese point gene. It gives kittens whom darkens very quickly, and little atypical point.
Often called for mink.

Lets see if she gets blue / aquamarine eyes anyway. The burmese gene doesnt carry blue eyes, so this combo dont always have blue eyes. Although some breeders tries to breed on eye color, for example in the Tonkinese; whom are old type siamese sort off, but with this combo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sammybunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, one begins to wonder. If both parents are purebred, they shouldnt be carriers of the burmese point gene. but whom knows? But at least one of them seems to be.

Having seal from both parents (choklad is a dilutation of seal), she will of course be very seal- But usually not quite as fast!

This quick darkening hints she is a combo of the siamese and burmese point gene. It gives kittens whom darkens very quickly, and little atypical point.
Often called for mink.

Lets see if she gets blue / aquamarine eyes anyway. The burmese gene doesnt carry blue eyes, so this combo dont always have blue eyes. Although some breeders tries to breed on eye color, for example in the Tonkinese; whom are old type siamese sort off, but with this combo.
Thankyou I’ve been trying to google it and it’s so confusing she was born off white in colour compared to her sisters who were bright white and from what I read minks are born coloured. So I think she is as you say just getting her colour really quick and is going to be quite dark. Will update in a couple of weeks 🙂