Is this an infection or serious?

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my cat was acting weird last week. He wouldn’t eat his old food. But he still had appetite because he would eat the food I got him. He apparently got bored. But he threw up his new food twice yesterday. Finally last night and today he started eating the old food and didn’t vomit. That’s the good news but I saw him wake up with this in his eye. Usually when I see it it’s white or clear. This time it looks yellow or green. I dont know if it’s an infection or allergies. He has asthma and maybe the pollen is causing it. He doesn’t paw at his eye. Or doesn’t seem lethargic. His eyes are not red. He sometime does this with his food. So I don’t know if it’s related. I was at the vet 2 weeks ago and all good. I go to the vet every 4 months. More than others. So I would hate go for no reason again. He plays and purrs. Everything normal now.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Would your vet allow you to send in those photos? I'm with you, the color of it is definitely odd.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi
Would your vet allow you to send in those photos? I'm with you, the color of it is definitely odd.
Yea he just told me to get eye drops at the pharmacy at that’s it and the vet on my pet insurance app saids it’s normal unless it’s a lot which it’s not. Only when he wakes up. He does have allergies so that can explain it

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I also noticed some asymmetry in his face - not to say that isn't normal, of course. Not all cats have perfectly symmetrical features. (And regardless he is a very handsome cat!) But, if you have earlier 'front on' pics to compare the one above to, I would do that just to see. If you do notice a difference, then send both pics to your vet and ask them if there could be some swelling going on.

Is he currently on any allergy meds?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What eye drops did the vet tell you to get? Many eye drops for people have ingredients that are toxic to pets. Even products labeled as "saline solution" may contain other ingredients that could be toxic.

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What eye drops did the vet tell you to get? Many eye drops for people have ingredients that are toxic to pets. Even products labeled as "saline solution" may contain other ingredients that could be toxic.
He told me Genteal. I researched it and apparently it’s safe

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. I also noticed some asymmetry in his face - not to say that isn't normal, of course. Not all cats have perfectly symmetrical features. (And regardless he is a very handsome cat!) But, if you have earlier 'front on' pics to compare the one above to, I would do that just to see. If you do notice a difference, then send both pics to your vet and ask them if there could be some swelling going on.

Hey again. Thanks for the concern. No meds on allergies. No meds for his asthma. We determined his asthma is very mild. He doesn’t really have attacks anymore as everything is controlled with a high quality foood and air purifiers. I have emergency inhaler just in case. We didn’t want to pump him with steroids if he doesn’t need it currently. He has an occasional cough here and there. During COVID when I was home all day I’ve seen him cough once in a year and that showed me he’s indeed under control. Who knows when he gets older as he is 4 now.

As far as the asymmetry goes I think he’s fine. The picture shows him with his right side with his tooth out. He was kinda smirking there. So I guess visually it looks like he’s swollen. I don’t see him swollen

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The early picture I’m trying to post says it’s too large 🙄

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The early picture I’m trying to post says it’s too large 🙄
That's OK! Don't worry about it - you know your cat, and you can tell by yourself when comparing pics! I had to laugh when you said he was 'smirking' because you're right, that is just what that looks like, now that you mention it! :blush: