Is this a sign of trust

homelycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had my cat dust for about 5 years and I got him from the pound when he was around 2 years old. I've always tried being interactive with him and I pet him a lot. He didn't seem to like me a whole lot for the past four years, and he would occasionally bite me when I tried to pet him. I had sort of got used to him not liking me very much. He actually didn't like any one particularly well in my family either. The past few months he has become very clingy and a lot more affectionate. I like this change a lot in him because now when I pet him my hand does not pay the price anymore... When he sleeps he curls up beside me and lays on his back exposing his stomach. He has become so much more affectionate that now he tries getting me to pet him and he dislikes it if I pay other things attention when petting, like typing this for instance(I'm sorry if I misspell any words he is like dancing my keyboard or something.) Is him becoming more affectionate towards me and sleeping the way he does now sort of saying he trusts me more now? 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. When he turns his belly upwards, that is a sign that he trusts you and accepts you as the alpha cat. You are now officially a cat. Since you got him from the shelter, there is no telling what kind of treatment he was given by the former owners or on the street.

Welcome to TCS. Keep the questions coming and please post some pictures of Dust.

Check out the articles section for good advice on almost anything about your cat.