• Not

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Davees

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am planning to buy a persian cat,
kindly help me to verify if this is a pure persian.
kindly see images

thank you in advance

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hardly so. Unless its some sort of untypical doll face persian.

Surely a nice cat, take it if you want and the price is right. Red cats whom are classical tabbies arent that common, too.
He may even have a granddad whom is a flat face persian.

But if you wish a purebred persian, this is not the solution.

Next question; as he very apparently isnt the modern flat face persian, I gather you wish sooner a doll face persian / persian of old type? Or a Shirazi Persian, if you live in these countries where these are common?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, while it is a beautiful cat, I don't believe that it is Persian. The body shape, head shape and coat (even allowing for kitten coat) is wrong for a true pedigreed Persian.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
As a general rule, if you buys a purebred cat of any breed it should come with papers that prove that it's registered in one of the leading cat registries. That's the only way to tell if the cat is pedigreed or not.

Here's more information about cat registries -
Cat Registries

ssch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ello, welcome.
This cat looks like one of my cats leo. He is a domestic long hair cat. Let me know if that helps. Though I am not an expert. Somebody else mihht have a better opinion.
20170520_200721.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't guess that kitty has any Persian heritage---even after a few generations they usually have a snubbier nose than that, even with a "doll-face" background. Certainly not purebred. He's very cute though! I wouldn't pay purebred prices for him but if he's a nice kitty I don't think you'd regret taking him home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Davees

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is just a 4 months Old,
I am planning to buy her in P4,000 (Philippines peso)
Do you think her fur will long more in the future?

ssch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my cat was about that age I realized that even though they had shorter hairs they had started to have fur between their paws and in their ear. After that it just gre now they have 2 inch long fur. All over. They are only 7 months old now

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think her fur will long more in the future?
'It depends on the coat factor inherited from the parents. The kitten is still in kitten coat, but based on observing my own kittens, I would say that the coat will probably not be really long and luxurious. Keep in mind I don't know the pedigree of your future cat so that is just a guess.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell at that age, but my guess would be that this kitty will have a more medium coat, not full and poofy like a Persian.