Is this a good recipe?

pisces7386

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I picked up some beef heart , beef kidney, chicken liver and turkey at the store today; I was looking to add more diversity to our normal foods. I don't really know what I was thinking when I picked up the kidney (other than that it looked really neat).  We normally use alnutrin with calcium with either pork, turkey or chicken. 

Since I now have the kidney and the heart ( and dried eggshells that I have been saving)  can I make a recipe without the alnutrin? 

I started looking for recipes... but everything thing that came up in my searches for the past 30 minutes have been bad recipes ( with tomatoes, wheat germ, onions and garlic) or recipes that don't include organs (but add lots of supplements).  So I gave up and decided to just post a new thread.

I still have 2 weeks of food in the freezer so there is no rush to mix anything up... and I can get more ingredients if needed. 

Any thoughts?

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can make a batch without Alnutrin. There are good recipes on www.catinfo.org and http://www.catnutrition.org/recipes.html. There are also ground recipes using various proteins posted here by mschauer if you do a search. You do need to add some individual supplements though. The beauty of a premix like Alnutrin is in its simplicity of use.